Which oil to use?

Hi, my oil change is due, and I'm wondering which oil would preform better?

Castrol edge 5w30 (Australian version) Product data sheet

Or penrite 5w30 racing 5 Product data sheet

I own a 2002 Toyota camry advantage (5s-fe Australian model) I know both oils are overkill, but I just want to know which oil is best

Last edited:
Flip a coin, both ‘SL'? All the rest of the particulars would matter, driving style, overall maintenance schedule.

Split all these hairs then next month you hit a kangaroo, game over.

Use whatever is most common and easy for you to get. I've always been a believer of being consistent in everything you do to maintain the results, no matter what it is.

I had been thinking that there wasn't much difference...the Penrite oil is SN and made from group 4 and 5 synthetics, which I thought would make it the better oil, but didn't understand the other specs both oils pass like the ford specs and the rest, should I just throw a curve ball and go M1?

There is no best oil. Buy a oil from a major brand that meets the specs for the Camry. That engine won't know the difference.

Originally Posted by HydroxZ

I own a 2002 Toyota camry advantage (5s-fe Australian model) I know both oils are overkill, but I just want to know which oil is best

Why not 10w30?

Neither link works for me.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by HydroxZ

Why not 10w30?

Neither link works for me.

I can use 10w30, or 5w30, owners manual does recommend 5w30, but since it doesn't burn oil, uses little to no oil between changes, 5w30 has been fine, it's currently got the castrol edge in it, but I'm gonna try the penrite, see how it goes, can always change if there's problems I guess, I would like to use the m1 SP version once it hits stores here, I've heard good things about it, unless anyone thinks that m1 is a horrible idea? It's a pain that top quality oils cost so much here in Australia, like it costs $80 roughly for castrol edge, much cheaper in America and better spec'd

Back