Which Oil For : 1995 Jeep Cherokee I-6 Cylinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine doesn't leak, but it's most likely because it was neglected by the PO and I can see plenty of crud in there, although it is better than it was after several years of diligence on my part.

I'm not a big fan of 5w30 in the 4.0 (even though they seem to run great on it,) so I only run it in the real cold months here, which will be December to March then OUT it goes!

You listed several of the best choices IMO but for me I've settled on Pennzoil. It runs quieter than anything which I like, it is high in detergents which I need, and it produces excellent UOA's.

Would it be correct to assume that Pennzoil HM 5W30 / 10W30 would have a similar stout add pack as PYB (conventional) ? If so my idea for oil would be Pennzoil 5W30 HM from Dec. to March then April through November Pennzoil 10W30 HM ...If Pennzoil HM is not available at WM then PYB conventional will have to do .

10W-30 SuperTech full synthetic. I gotta keep pushing it because people seem to forget it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
10W-30 SuperTech full synthetic. I gotta keep pushing it because people seem to forget it.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't use that stuff in a lawn mower.
27.gif

Actually that oil is on my "to try" list.. T6 is just in line before it. Lol.

Does anyone know the oil drain plug head socket size for the 1995 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L ?

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I run Rotella in ours. The rear main seals are pretty simple on the 4.0 engines.

Both my mechanic and a friend mentioned that the rear main seals are two piece and are a pain to get right.

Originally Posted By: InvalidUserID
Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I run Rotella in ours. The rear main seals are pretty simple on the 4.0 engines.

Both my mechanic and a friend mentioned that the rear main seals are two piece and are a pain to get right.

I agree with Fleetmon. I just replaced another 4.0L rear main on a customer's XJ a couple weeks ago and it was a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back