Which oil '69 F100

I wouldn't worry too much about brand but most in not all Ford engines of that era were recommended to use 10w30 or 10w40. I think either of those would be a good choice as would 15w40. If it were me I'd use 10w40 as I have in all my vehicles for about 45 years.

Zinc in needed for stiffer valve springs. You would fine with 10w30
Check out the new Castrol higher zinc oil. Wally World has it.

Or just give me that beautiful truck.
Thank you. I've tried to post a pic or two, files are too big. Sorry, I may keep this one a while!

I wouldn't worry too much about brand but most in not all Ford engines of that era were recommended to use 10w30 or 10w40. I think either of those would be a good choice as would 15w40. If it were me I'd use 10w40 as I have in all my vehicles for about 45 years.
Thank you!

I'm in a similar boat with my 76 olds 350. It has the stock low lift camshaft. I used to always use high zinc oil or a zinc additive until this site made me aware that I didn't really need it. I've put 120k miles on it in the past 15 years. I've used whatever synthetic was on sale for a lot of that (usually 10w30 or 5w30) but I now prefer m1 0w40. It still used almost no oil has no blowby. Oil pressure has been 10 at idle for 120k miles now.

Zinc in needed for stiffer valve springs. You would fine with 10w30
Check out the new Castrol higher zinc oil. Wally World has it.

Or just give me that beautiful truck.
The Castrol Classic is only available in 20W-50, it's priced pretty similarly to VR1, I think I'd rather have VR1, Amazon has VR1 20W-50 in 5qt jugs for 26.99 for an individual or $70 for a 3 pack.

Mobil 1 15w-50 & Mobil 1 0w-40 both have strong followings on the vintage Mustang and Ford forums. They both have sufficient zddp (zinc & phosphorus) for the flat tappet engines, with the 25w-50 having a bit more than the 0w-40.

I’ve used both of them, primarily the 15w-50 when I lived in Texas. I switched to the 0w-40 for winter time when I moved one state northward. Using those oils my ‘66 Shelby Mustang GT350 showed zero measurable wear after 100,000 miles and 12 years of ownership.

Just my anecdotal experience.

Z

Back