Which grease and why?

I have these 4 tubes of grease in my garage. Will be used for greasing ball joints,tie rod ends and U -Joints.

Just for fun...the stalube and Valvoline smell the same. The Amsoil smells different and the green grease has no smell I can detect.

Which is the best choice for my use and why?

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_153716055.jpg
    IMG_20211205_153716055.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 67
The Valvoline is very generic. The others from L to R are Green, Red & White:

Red Properties:
  • Rust and oxidation inhibitors.
  • Water resistant.
  • Excellent mechanical stability.
  • Long storage life.
  • Agricultural, automotive and industrial applications

• Green Properties:
  • Rust and oxidation inhibitors.
  • Water resistant.
  • Excellent mechanical stability.
  • Long storage life.
  • Agricultural, automotive and industrial applications
White Properties:

PROPERTIES OF LITHIUM GREASE:

EXCELLENT ADHESION: Lithium grease demonstrates excellent adhesion to metal. This means that once it is applied it stays there. This feature has great benefits - cutting down on re-application and saving time.

NON-CORROSIVE: It is a non-corrosive grease meaning that it does not corrode the parts/ machinery that it is applied to. It is a stable compound and does not chemically react with substances that it comes into contact with.

HEAVY LOAD BEARING: It is suitable for use under heavy load conditions. The physical properties of lithium grease mean that it does not break down under heavy loads and continues to do its job. This makes it a great choice for challenging metal-to-metal heavy load applications.

HEAT RESISTANCE: Lithium grease demonstrates excellent heat resistance. It is capable of withstanding very high temperatures and has a drip temperature of approximately 200° Celsius. This is another favourable characteristic when it comes to the auto industry. The recommended upper limit for the use of lithium grease as a lubricant is 120° Celsius.

WATER RESISTANCE: Lithium based greases demonstrate better water resistance compared to traditional sodium based greases. The solubility of the grease is directly related to the solubility of the thickener used to manufacture it. Lithium hydroxide and the thickeners typically used in its manufacture have very low water solubility. This means lithium grease has excellent resistance to water washing and water absorption.

anything except mobil 1 (VERY MESSY), that is compatible with the grease currently in the equipment.. so no separation.

Green grease is GC LB I use it in most of the tractors maybe 1 tube a year max. Oh and I used it in my utility trailer wheel bearing last few years.

The Green grease is not compatible with any other grease except Calcium Complex, so unless you are sure it is the grease already in use or you are going to clean all the old grease out dont use that. You find it mostly in boat trailer bearings because of is resistance to salt water. The rest are Lithium or Lithium Complex and are most likely to be compatible with what is already being used.

The Green grease is not compatible with any other grease except Calcium Complex, so unless you are sure it is the grease already in use or you are going to clean all the old grease out dont use that. You find it mostly in boat trailer bearings because of is resistance to salt water. The rest are Lithium or Lithium Complex and are most likely to be compatible with what is already being used.
Says it's compatable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-172912.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-172912.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 38
Back