Which grade for the least consumption?

View attachment 118476
5.35qt of HPL 10W-20 and a Wix 57055 went in.
I would greatly appreciate it if you updated this thread with the consumption rate after driving 2000 miles.
Update #1

2700 miles on HPL 10W20: 3/4 qt was consumed. This extrapolates to 1 qt/3600 miles. So, slight improvement compared to before, but not significant.

Oddly enough, the consumption with Havoline + EC30 was still a bit less. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I topped off with more 10W20 and will update this thread as more miles are accumulated.

Update #1

2700 miles on HPL 10W20: 3/4 qt was consumed. This extrapolates to 1 qt/3600 miles. So, slight improvement compared to before, but not significant.

Oddly enough, the consumption with Havoline + EC30 was still a bit less. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I topped off with more 10W20 and will update this thread as more miles are accumulated.
For what it's worth, inspect pcv hose for oil, replace pcv valve and see what happens from here. My FB25 has been sensitive to pcv valve "cleaning" and consumed some HPL after a thousand or so miles of HPL. Replacing the only 10k old pcv valve stopped consumption. Oil level hasn't decreased in 4k miles since. This has happened once before when cleaning the original pcv valve with brake clean the engine started using oil but stopped when replaced pcv valve that time as well. Cant help but wonder how much that may be contributing to this car you're maintaining.

They have to say "should be changed to 0w20 synthetic oil at the next oil change" the car and engine were certified on the thin oil.
I have run scoobies almost every winter for the last 15+ years, the difference from spec to the 0w40 is 0.2 mpg and never lost a cat.
The way some people go on about Euro oils smoking the cats is the most ridiculous argument ever. Euro cars should be littering the dealers and garages with bad cats even though they have to me the same standards and warranty.
If its a customer then run the 10w20.

in 2 decades of wrenching on cars for dealers in europe, I can onlu remember a handful of cat replacements, and those were due to the insides rattling or shifting. NEVER for a cat just not working as a poisoned cat would be.

Back