Which Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

what would you suggest for OCI?

I would ask as a separate topic on the GC/Import oils section- they will be able to give you really good advice based on your mileage and driving habits.

I've never run GC myself, but I think you can probably get 8000 miles out of it easy. But then again, you are still under warranty... so maybe you just want to stick to mfr recommendations.

Good Choice,IMHO,At $6.00 the Pure One is by far your best bang for the Buck.
rolleyes.gif

i have not seen purolator products at autozone. but advance auto and pep boys does carry them.

edit: is honda still recommending 10000 mile oci. i know they were. if there is a 10000 mile oci recommended then the gc should be able to take you there but 7500 or 8000 would be safe.

Car: 2005 Accord LX Auto 4 Cyl
OCI: 5,000 miles
OIL: Castrol Syntec 0W-30 (German Castrol).

Presently, I am using Mobil 1 filter. Is Mobil 1 significantly better (or at all) then Bosch or Pure One filters for this oil change interval?

I am trying to figure out which filter to use. I like Mobil1 but at $11 bucks a pop maybe I can use something else at 5k intervals. Prior to Mobil 1 I used Honda OEM filter but I heard it is a fram filter so I switched to Mobil1.

Suggestions?
Thanks.

It depends on how people are defining "best bang for your buck", as the Purolator Premium Plus is less expensive than the Pure One.

The Premium Plus has better flow, but less filtration. The Pure One has better filtration, but less flow. It depends on which one you feel is more important.

Well, since he does'nt have an engine that pumps out a lot of horsepower and has above average oil pressure the Pure one is the better choice because of the filtration and he will have no flow problems with that engine and 0W-30 GC. I could see your point if he had a high horsepower motor and tons of oil pressure using 20W-50. If this was the case IMHO I would use something other than the Pure One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back