Which European oils are on the thicker side?

I thought this sight would be filled with many open minded people willing to explore and look at other options. Triax industrial lubricants are also quite good and I have complete confidence in the brand and their staff. The professionalism and attention to detail I get from the staff has been second to none. Shell has also been great with tech support on applications also. A few months ago I sold Triax for use in a Cat 725C articulating dump truck gear box. This transmission is $125,000. I will pull a sample from it next spring and send to Polaris. Would be happy to post the results here. Also selling many drums of 75w80 tranny fluid for Volvo Ishift and Mack Mdrive on class 8 trucks. One hands on owner of a Volvo truck shop claims this transmission fluid is better then OE. He is an ex Volvo dealer tech who started his own business about 7-10 years ago and is very particular. He also recently switched his whole family who drives nothing but Mercedes over to Triax VX 5w30. Has anyone found anything bad about the brand. I see there is almost a cult like following of Triax with the Powerstroke 7.3L crowd.
Attention to detail? Market 5W40 under VW504.00/507.00 “performance level.”
Get serious.

Having seen Triax lubes in Military vehicles running in high desert temps, in Alaska, and on Antarctica where it's cold enough that engines aren't shut down and urine freezes at the source, I've got no problem using it.
Of course, my eye witness account is hearsay and inadmissible in BITOG. :ROFLMAO:
Nope, don't have Triax in anything except my power steering at the moment. Just BTDT in the Marine Corps instead of sitting in my eazy-chair and reading specs on the internet.

Thanks Cleansump. Nice to hear another positive testimonial. Their business continues to grow fastest in the most extreme climates of the world both hot and cold. The middle east and the UAE is one of their hottest markets for sales growth. Years ago they were contacted by a company in northern Canada with millions of dollars of Komatsu equipment that would not start in the -40 and colder temps. Triax came up with a 0w40 cj4 with a -60 pour point that worked with tremendous success.

Updated M1 FS 0w-40 is now on the thicker side
(78.3 mm2/s) v/ 40 ºC | 13.81 cSt (13.81 mm2/s) v/ 100 °C

Thanks Cleansump. Nice to hear another positive testimonial. Their business continues to grow fastest in the most extreme climates of the world both hot and cold. The middle east and the UAE is one of their hottest markets for sales growth. Years ago they were contacted by a company in northern Canada with millions of dollars of Komatsu equipment that would not start in the -40 and colder temps. Triax came up with a 0w40 cj4 with a -60 pour point that worked with tremendous success.
That dude throwing shade at you in that tone is out of line. I for one am happy to hear about other oils than what I am currently using.

Back