Which diesel oil? (List inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrmason
The best way to deal with that EGR is to block it off
28.gif

But then the engine will start throwing codes.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Noobie
South America.

Ask BITOG member Richard Widman. He knows the South American market and product availability better than anyone.

You did not say where in South America or which Toyota diesel engine you have. I had the 2.8 non-turbo in my 95, and 30. turbo diesel in my 99 4Runner. Stay away from the thicker oils in the 3.0, as it takes 4 extra seconds to get oil pressure in it with 20W-50 than with 15W-40.

I ask the country because some of those brands use different formulations for the same products in different countries.

Delo products are generally good and consistent. Mobil and Shell have some high magnesium formulas in some countries that I don't like.

The engine is listed in my signature. Its a 1KD-FTV which are known to clog the intake valves due to the EGR. I've considered installing a catch can but i would need to order it from overseas and its a PITA.

All of the oils i listed are the US formulations, most distributors here import them from the USA.
Most oils here come from the USA anyways, the only ones i know that have a different formula and name are the Shell HX line of oils. All the Chevron, Valvoline, Mobil and Amsoil oils are imported. Theres also some Shell oils that are sold here but not in the US such as the Helix Ultra line.

Last edited:
I think Toyota engines do better on Delo than other oils of same class. Must be the extra moly. My 1FZ engine ran smoother, and with less noise when it was on Delo 5W-40. I am planning to go back to Delo on my next OC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back