which car to buy next? new or used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robertslowpoke
my friend just got a used Acura RL with around 47,000 miles. mint.

$19,000. he showed me the original $47,000 sticker.

GREAT CAR!!!!

do you guys like Acura RL"s?
best

bob

They are a bit underpowered but very nice to drive and beautiful both inside and out. They'll probably run forever, too.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Robertslowpoke
my friend just got a used Acura RL with around 47,000 miles. mint.

$19,000. he showed me the original $47,000 sticker.

GREAT CAR!!!!

do you guys like Acura RL"s?
best

bob

They are a bit underpowered but very nice to drive and beautiful both inside and out. They'll probably run forever, too.

Agreed.
It does seem funny to call a 290hp car "underpowered" but it does seem to be a little low on power compared to a...let's say a Mazda6S with Mazda's version of the Ford Cyclone 3.7 or an Altima 3.5 SL with the VQ35. Maybe it's the 5 speed. Maybe it's the fact that it weighs over 2 tons. Or maybe it's just the powertrain management saying, "I don't care what they say, I'm a tier-1 luxury car and everything I do is silky smooth and unobtrusive. I will not be thrashy."

It's just one of those cars that does everything so well and confidently.

I remember reading(5-6 yrs ago) an article in CR Mag comparing several luxury vehicles including the Cadillac CTS, Infinity M35, Acura RL, Lexus GS and I can't remember the others(Audi A6 I think). All being V6 equiped. And if I'm not mistaken, one or more were AWD. Other car mag's have performed similar tests/vehicles.

CR showed the 0-60 & 1/4 miles times of all vehicles in which the 0-60 for the M35 was 6.8 sec and the RL was 6.9 sec. I don't remember the 1/4 mile time/speed. But, CR stated that the Infinity's V6 felt like a V8 compared to the other vehicles in the test.

The Acura certainly isn't slow as a friend of mine has one but, the car feels a bit heavy and torque deficient til it starts to really make power. IMHO, the RL is quick, it just doesn't feel fast. And it certainly is a nice cruiser.

My cousin has an older early-mid 90's BMW 530 w/ a 3.0 V8(yes, 3.0 V8)...I know really, did they only make them in V8 for only 1-2 years? Not a slow car but, not blazing as I thought it would have been for a BMW. Nice car just the same!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back