Which Amsoil in rebuilt LS1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
I think we all are just speculating a bit much here - I have no concept what clearance Megabit's engine builder built - ...

I am not certain myself, but he did say the pistons had a bit more clearance than stock. Which would further reinforce the idea of the S2000 20w-50. I want to add a Accusump and aftermarket pressure and temp gauges as soon as funds permit. (likely a cooler too)

quote:

Originally posted by pedaltothemetal:
Hi Mike,
Keep an eye on the oil pressure gage.
Leo

Speaking of pressure what kind of pressure do you see on the stock gauge at hot idle? Mine seems to be around 20 most the time at idle. Not sure what it used to be as I didn't pay that close of attention.

By the way is there a way to have this board email me when a thread has a new post? I could have swore that it used to but I'm not getting them anymore.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

By the way is there a way to have this board email me when a thread has a new post? I could have swore that it used to but I'm not getting them anymore.

When someone is the originator of the thread, and they click the box asking for notification of each reply, it'll work, but that's the only way to get email notification.

Ok, I missed checking the box this time around.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Megabit:

quote:

Originally posted by pedaltothemetal:
Hi Mike,
Keep an eye on the oil pressure gage.
Leo

Speaking of pressure what kind of pressure do you see on the stock gauge at hot idle? Mine seems to be around 20 most the time at idle. Not sure what it used to be as I didn't pay that close of attention.

I get 22 psi a hot idle. Mine is a A4 and idles at 900rpm because of my stall. After what happened to you, I'm always looking at my gage now. An oil cooler would be an excellent idea for road racing. Also a 160 tstat, and custom tune the fans to come on earlier.

Leo

quote:

When someone is the originator of the thread, and they click the box asking for notification of each reply, it'll work, but that's the only way to get email notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back