Which 6” Dynabrade sander should I pick up?

I went to a local tool shop as I prefer to support a local business to see what they had for pneumatic offerings. I picked up some fittings, couple regulators, blasting media, and a couple other odds and ends. I packed it into my car and then went back in to take a quick look at the 6” disc RA sanders. I was asking his opinion on what to get, I mentioned that I didn’t want to cheap out, I like to buy once, cry once as they say. He said if it were him that he would go Dynabrade, but that he didn’t carry them.

I want to be able to use this sander fir both woodworking and metal. I plan on getting into using automotive paints, seems like everyone in my family has a mid 60s or earlier vehicle they’re restoring lol. I’m also heavily into DIY speaker building and would like to start painting my speaker cabinets with auto paints. So other than the paints just woods and wood finishes.

Since I’m doing wood I would greatly prefer for it to have a self generated vacuum on it, though it would be hooked up to a cyclone vacuum setup to assist. Have to keep with the dust control.

I see that they have several options with the features I’m looking for so I was hoping some folks here might be able to help narrow it down.

Thank you,
Dan

How big is your compressor?

Oh sorry, that would be good to know wouldn’t it. It’s a Quincy 80 gal QT-7.5hp Max. So 80 gallons and rated at 23.8 CFM @ 100 psi or 22.6 CFM @ 175 psi. It’s just me in my garage so whatever tool I’m using won’t have to be competing for air with another tool, just one at a time.

Dan

Hutchins is also very good USA made tool I have had one for many trouble free years. The most important feature of these tools is the offset, most will be 3/32 which is good for light finishing work or 3/16 for more aggressive sanding. They have some with more offset but those are getting even more aggressive.
The Hutchins 35xx and 39xx series are a great tool.

Back