Which 2 post Lift would you buy?

Friend of mina has a limited budget and so far has found three lifts that meets his criteria. He only has a 10+ft celling in his garage. His budget is under $2500. He is getting older and wants something a bit easier. He understands he wont be able to stand under the lift with only a 10 ft ceiling, but he can still sit on a stool and not to have to lay on his back.

Heaviest thing he would be lifting would be 1/2 TON crew cab pickup or Suburban/Expedition type vehicle.

He has narrowed it down to the

Launch TLT204SBR,

Atlas9KBP,Atlas BP8000

Weaver W9F-3D Baseplate,
https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-garage/2-post-lifts/weaver-w9f-3d-baseplate-2-post-auto-lift/

My first thought was I told him get a Mohawk, Rotary(or one of Rotarys other brands), Challenger or Bendpak, but he has a limited budget and he is more of a weekend wrencher for friends and family. So not for commercial use.

Any other serviceable lifts at this price range?

Doh!
While there are some nice 2-post lifts available on the above referenced site, Amazon lists them as “unavailable.”
I didn’t look at another supplier than Amazon, though.

Friend of mina has a limited budget and so far has found three lifts that meets his criteria. He only has a 10+ft celling in his garage. His budget is under $2500. He is getting older and wants something a bit easier. He understands he wont be able to stand under the lift with only a 10 ft ceiling, but he can still sit on a stool and not to have to lay on his back.

Heaviest thing he would be lifting would be 1/2 TON crew cab pickup or Suburban/Expedition type vehicle.

He has narrowed it down to the

Launch TLT204SBR,

Atlas9KBP,Atlas BP8000

Weaver W9F-3D Baseplate,
https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-garage/2-post-lifts/weaver-w9f-3d-baseplate-2-post-auto-lift/

My first thought was I told him get a Mohawk, Rotary(or one of Rotarys other brands), Challenger or Bendpak, but he has a limited budget and he is more of a weekend wrencher for friends and family. So not for commercial use.

Any other serviceable lifts at this price range?
My cousin was about to put out $4K on a 2 post lift. I showed him this one from AMAZON and he bought it. It's a great lift for the money! (y)
Amazon.com: TRIUMPH NT9FP 9,000 lb Two Post Auto Lift Floor Plate Car Hoist Truck Jack Garage: Automotive

a decent price for sure But prolly Chinese as many even more costly ones are + as long as "someone" stands behind the warranty why not!!! i would have liked the USA made Handy motorcycle table but got one of many Chinese made ones that works well for many years at 1/3 the cost. a few hundred is one thing but many better equipment investments are thousands more preventing average joe from buying

Don't buy a non-certified lift. A few bucks more for an item that has been tested and licensed as safe for the incurred loads and interlocks. You only get to wear your car once.
I agree, but certification is another can of worms, as most manufacturers certify only some of their models of course the certified ones are about $1K more on average.

Then there are the different certifications, Is one better than the other?

I’m not sure about any of those. At work and school we had Bendpak and some other vintage brand that I can’t remember. But not under $2500.

Another related question most of these lifts say to use aw32 and aw46 depending on climate and some say use dexron, one said use ATF 4. I know AW stands for Anti Wear but there is no standard for how much AW is in.

Would using a multi grade UTTO fluid work Like a Mobil 424 or Hyguard?

Can you please elaborate? Thanks!
Try to avoid the "Flat 4x4 Style"......I've NEVER seen one that didn't suffer from "Droopy Arm Syndrome".....As you can see the Lift Arms have a lot of leverage on the 4x4 square stock welded to the Carriage.

The "Rotary" style (2nd picture) is far superior, A lot of the better off shore lifts copy this style.

Onjy1ik.jpg

1kbEZjR.jpg

I believe the CE means it can be sold in Europe and other places as the manufacturing was performed in a manner that didn't harm animals,children etc. Nothing about end user safety.

So he ended up setlling on an A plus lift, which appears to have the upgraded arms that clinebarger suggested and appeared to have lots of good reviews.

I am relaying a Big Thank You for everyones input from my friend.

Back