Where's the Redline SI-1 these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to buy this stuff at Autozone whenever I need it. I need it now, and Autozone or the rest of the chains don't stock it on their shelves anymore. But they do have the water wetter, duh!

Is there a chemical in this that the tree huggers don't like that is keeping everyone from stocking it? Sure would like to find a bottle without having to order it and pay shipping...

Last edited:
I've tried Autozone, Advance Auto, and O'Reilly's. No dice. Pep Boys is an hour and fifteen minutes away. Oh well, maybe I'm going to have to order some.

Amazon had it for $60/case of 12 bottles DELIVERED cost to your door a few months ago....I stocked up!!!!

A case from Amazon is the most practical way to buy Redline SI-1 unless you have a Pep Boys nearby. None of those other stores have it here either. All the PEA cleaners are equally good so if it's too much hassle you just switch to a brand that is easier to get. If there's any doubt just crack the safety seal in the store and check for the acrid odor of PEA.

I was sniffin PEA today at the store and the ones that say "Complete Fuel System Cleaner" pretty consistently have PEA in them. STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner and Gumout Concentrated had it. Gumout Regane High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner had it but the smell wasn't as strong. Gumout Regane gets the most glory because it is the easiest to find and the lowest price. It often goes free after rebate too.

I was smelling PEA for about 30 minutes after leaving so that stuff really sticks inside you. My nose is carbon free now and I won't need to treat again for another 3,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: ocrstar
and Amazon has it for 6.99 w/free shipping if you buy $25 worth of eligible stuff.

Just grabbed me 4 bottles! Thanks!

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Huh - I thought Amazon was just a on-line bookstore!

It is a jungle, you never know what you will find....
lol.gif

Grabbed mine on amazon.com IIRC about $7 a bottle. Spend $25 or more they ship it free. Not a bad deal for a great product!

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
Canadian Tire here in Canada seems to carry it. I plan on running a bottle through one of these days.

Yep, it is the only cleaner with PEA that I routinely see at retail here in toronto. All of the Pennzoil products here are just the ones without PEA. I gather that you can get techron out west in Alberta an British Columbia.

I do wonder aboot the Canadian Tire house brand stuff (not the cheap injector cleaner -the red stuff in the large bottle). It could be PEA, but it is the same price as Redline SI so why bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back