Where to purchase Wurth HHS-K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a lubricant for door hinges and locks, and Wurth HHS-K seems to be highly recommended. Unfortunately, the only source that I have found for this product is eBay, and the price is $25/can shipped...ouch!

As an alternative, I have been considering Amsoil Heavy-Duty Metal Protector since it appears to do the same thing. However, I would like to get the Wurth product if the price was more reasonable. Can anyone suggest some sources?

Thanks.

A quick google search turned up a number of suppliers in the 18.00 range.

Failing that, you might try local auto paint suppliers.

HHSK is amazing. It's basically a creep oil that turns into a grease. Just one shot on a hinge.....the key or art to a good maint person is not to have overzealous greasy white lithiumed out hinges ;-)

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I am looking for a lubricant for door hinges and locks, and Wurth HHS-K seems to be highly recommended. Unfortunately, the only source that I have found for this product is eBay, and the price is $25/can shipped...ouch!

Call Wurth themselves, and ask for some distributors in your area. Many garages use Wurth products, and I can assure you that they do not buy them on eBay.
http://www.wurthusa.com/web/en/website/index.php

Wurth makes some great stuff. Ask your indy mechanic if he uses it and who he gets it from. Or find the local distributer.

I have the Zep version of that product. Works really well...if you can get it inside the joint. I've been using Boeshield T9 liquid on hinges and most everything else. Works really well. Of course, there are some applications where a light grease is called for.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Call Wurth themselves, and ask for some distributors in your area. Many garages use Wurth products, and I can assure you that they do not buy them on eBay.
http://www.wurthusa.com/web/en/website/index.php

My local repair shop, which I use for the stuff beyond my pay grade (or tools/facilites), lets me add my Wurth order onto theirs, and pay when I pick it up. (Their rattle can, lacquer based paints, and Rubber Care are also excellent products.)

Just hit the door hinges with the HHS-K (or HHS 2000 if you have an older can) today, since they were starting to squeak a little.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back