Where to find Zerex "old green" coolant or something equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a Peak jug to look at, but it does state on their PDS that it meets or exceeds ASTM DD3306 and D4985 specifications.

Rural King's Durex house brand conventional green coolant is made by Peak, and meets those same specifications as the Peak PDS. Durex almost has the same part numbers as Peak. The Durex jug does state on the front of the jug that it "Meets Standard For Low Silicate Antifreeze". Pretty sure Peak conventional is low silicate now whether it's printed on the jug or not.

The plot thickens:

I shot a letter off to Valvolene asking about organic acid in their Original Green and this is the answer I received back today:

Thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support.

After receiving confirmation from our new product development laboratory, Zerex Original Green Antifreeze/Coolant does not contain any organic acids. From what source was this information obtained?

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.

Michael

Valvoline Product Support

Can someone paste a picture of the (recently) new Zerex Original Green container to confirm what member Sayjac stated above " Zerex Original Green jug itself says " A patented organic acid corrosion inhibitor....".? My old label 2018 jug does not say that.

Well now this is interesting. The information I was seeing several days ago when I posted was on Amazon and the price of the jug was $17/gal and change, which was noted by Gasbuggy previously. Now all reference Zerex Original Green has been completely removed from the Amazon website. In it's place "Sorry, we couldn't find this page. So there's no confirmation of what I posted, which at the time I read it on Amazon I thought was a confirmation of sorts of what nthach had posted about ZOG 'hybrid" tech that I questioned. Now I'm unsure what to think.

A lesson for all of us: don't believe everything you read on the interwebs!
lol.gif
Except for my info, of course.

Valvolene's final reply when I questioned them about the patents, polycarboxylates, and Original Green containing organic acid:

"Thank you for your reply.

Not all of the information referenced within the patent is applicable to that specific formulation. Zerex Original Green does not contain polycarboxylic acid or any other organic acids."

I may have eaten crow for no good reason. Dang it!

zoro.com has it; combine with a promo code. I shipped coolant from them in past: very good packaging job when it comes to all sorts of fluids from them.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
A lesson for all of us: don't believe everything you read on the interwebs!
lol.gif
Except for my info, of course.

Valvolene's final reply when I questioned them about the patents, polycarboxylates, and Original Green containing organic acid:

"Thank you for your reply.

Not all of the information referenced within the patent is applicable to that specific formulation. Zerex Original Green does not contain polycarboxylic acid or any other organic acids."

I may have eaten crow for no good reason. Dang it!

Certainly something fishy going on there. That statement reeks of an easy way out for Valvoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back