Where to find Castrol Hypuron S??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like nice 15W40 synthetic blend. Where can I find this?

Link:http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_internet/castrol/castrol_canada/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/p,q/pds_hypuron_s_1850.pdf

Good question! I've been looking too.

As I understand it, the Hypuron is the high end of Castrol's new HDEO 15W-40 line, Tection Extra being the middle of the road offering. The Tection Extra seems to be the oil from this line that Castrol is pushing in the U.S.

Hi,
I believe that this oil is formulated for heavy duty American Diesel engines. It is most likely to be a development of their Enduro LD that was first developed/trialled here in OZ about 1992-3

If it is it is a good product but may not be cost effective when compared with RX Super
or a fully synthetic HDEO

Regards
Doug

Pick,

Go to the Yellow Pages and get ahold of an oil wholesaler in your area. They will sell to folks off the street and sometimes get the oil at a discount.

I bought some at a bulk distributor, two cases of quarts. It was a bit pricey; I think I paid about 4.xx something a quart. It’s probably over priced if using it in a diesel with a large sump, I’m running it in two of my SBCs and they seem to love it. I haven’t put enough miles on them yet to have a UOA. I doubt I’ll run this in my diesel engines; I will probably switch back to Schaeffers if Delo becomes too expensive. I didn’t ask what the price was for a barrel, I’m sure it would be a lot more than the 325 I paid for the last two barrels of Delo.

I found a local distributor willing to sell it for under $69 for a case of 6 one gallon jugs. I think I am going to try it in my Cummins this winter. The specs look pretty good. Anyone have any more opinions?

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back