Where to find Castrol Edge High Mileage 10w30 in Canada

Hey folks. Castrol still produces this product, but I've been challenged in finding it either online (Amazon.ca or Walmart.ca) or at retail. Been using the Castrol GTX HM 10w30 but wanted to try the Edge version for this coming Winter. Am in Southern Ontario in the GTA. Any ideas or leads would be most welcome.
Thank you,

I’ve seen the 5w-20 and 5w-30 version of this oil ONLY at WM in Canada so far.

10W-30’s don’t sell nearly as well up here; not sure it is available. Most oils at CT now aren’t available in 5L jugs of 10W-30.

Reactions: JC1
One thing that is going on is a lot of Castrol products are blended in Canada by Wakefield Canada. Here is a screenshot Wakefield and a number of Castrol products with Made In CANADA on them. They stickers started showing up the fall of 2019. The questions is, do they make the products you want in Canada and if not, are they bothering in import them. Here is a shot of GTX 10w30.

ECBF06C9-4D57-4909-A57E-2639E066C903.png
ECBF06C9-4D57-4909-A57E-2639E066C903.png

Attachments

• 98DAD261-32C7-46DF-B523-1EEC85707B6B.jpg
    98DAD261-32C7-46DF-B523-1EEC85707B6B.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks Snagglefoot. I may end up going to Valvoline Synpower with Maxlife. That in itself may also be a 'Consumer's Quest' trying to find. I noted that even in the US with Amazon.com, it shows "Unavailable" and no expected restock date so who knows?

Good luck finding this in Canada. If you need 10w-30, head across the border when it opens back up and stock up.

You were correct JC1. I called Wakefield and was floored by the pleasant service. Left a message and they called me back and left a message. I returned their call and had a rather lengthy and informative conversation. Apparently, Castrol markets some items in Canada not available in the US and vice versa. The rep there noted that while Castrol Edge High Mileage might be offered in the future here in Canada, it is not currently. She added that they actually don't sell the High Mileage version of Edge in any viscosity though they have lots to choose from in the GTX HM line. Given that I've heard of some folks on BITOG having unhappy conversations or service from some of the other petroleum companies, I must say I was rather surprised at the patient professionalism I received from Castrol. I may just keep using my stash of GTX 10w30 HM over the winter and just plug in my oil pan warmer and call it a day!

Reactions: JC1
Good luck finding this in Canada. If you need 10w-30, head across the border when it opens back up and stock up.

Thanks JCI. I might try that once the border reopens. It also occurred to me to search for Valvoline Synpower HM (Maxlife version) which is sold in a 10w30. Only place I found it was on Amazon.ca. A case of 3 Qty is $146 before tax. I like Valvoline though I'm not sure I like it THAT much. Sigh...

I'm not sure what shipping would be to Canada, but Petroleum Service Company in Wilkes-Barre, PA carries alot of Castrol products, including the high mileage oils. I buy my Kendall oil from them. Fast shipping and great prices.

Back