Where to find a Energy CB-10 bookshelf speaker/repair? Home Theater

Hey everyone, In the spare/guest room, i have a basic layout home theater setup - 2 Energy CB-10 bookshelf speakers, a Definitive's ProCinema 600 center, with a Klipsch 12" front firing subwoofer. The receiver is a Pioneer VSX-815 from 2005 that still sounds phenomenal, and works perfectly while pushing out a respectable 100 watts per channel - too bad it does not have HDMI, or it would still be my main receiver. I have it hooked up to Left, Right, Center, and subwoofer. The left and right speakers are Energy CB-10's and noticed that one of the rubber surrounds on the CB-10 has a slit type injury on the rubber. Picture attached and circled in red. I bought them on Marketplace years ago, and never noticed it until i was cleaning the speakers... today.. They sound great even with this injury on one of them, they do not sound blown, nor do they rattle or anything like that. I think something was pushed up on the surround and it ripped, and its not an actual over power driven rip. My OCD now knows about it, and i'd like to replace the speaker - if i can find one, or maybe glue the surround? What would be my options? Play it as it, glue the surround, replace the whole speaker, or other? Thanks! :-D
IMG_2436.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

Last edited:
Just been through it. Mine were wasted. If it were me, I would get the new surrounds and wait till they get worse, then do the major repairs. Yours is not a very bad defect and won't affect the woofer's performance. Might even try a small dab of adhesive used for speaker repair to keep it from getting worse.

. This is a good source for speaker repair materials. Maybe they have a replacement woofer instead. Otherwise contact Klipsch.

Last edited:
Just been through it. Mine were wasted. If it were me, I would get the new surrounds and wait till they get worse, then do the major repairs. Yours is not a very bad defect and won't affect the woofer's performance. Might even try a small dab of adhesive used for speaker repair to keep it from getting worse.

. This is a good source for speaker repair materials. Maybe they have a replacement woofer instead. Otherwise contact Klipsch.

Amazing website. They have speaker adhesive - im willing to try that, as these CB-10's are never driven super hard, and i do believe they will last for years to come. Energy speakers are now Klipsch? Maybe that's why i cant find any replacement CB-10 speakers, haha, im looking for the wrong ones!.
Thanks for the info! :-D

Energy speakers are now Klipsch? Maybe that's why i cant find any replacement CB-10 speakers, haha, im looking for the wrong ones!.
Thanks for the info! :-D
Yes, Klipsch acquired Energy along with Mirage and Athena back in 2006. Klipsch itself is owned by a large conglomerate called Voxx International.

All the Energy product lines were discontinued shortly after the acquisition, but some old stock still shows up on various websites and ebay from time to time. I bought a brand new set of CB-5 from Newegg a couple of years ago. They're a bit small, but that's all I have space for in my current setup.

In addition to glue you may want to consider removing and rotating the driver 180 degrees (up to down) so that the spider and surround is stressed in the other direction for the years to come. I have a vintage JBL subwoofer that developed enough spider/surround sag to be out of alignment and needs a recone.

Yes, Klipsch acquired Energy along with Mirage and Athena back in 2006. Klipsch itself is owned by a large conglomerate called Voxx International.

All the Energy product lines were discontinued shortly after the acquisition, but some old stock still shows up on various websites and ebay from time to time. I bought a brand new set of CB-5 from Newegg a couple of years ago. They're a bit small, but that's all I have space for in my current setup.

ATHENA was Sound Dynamics .

The pics above are from the 3 way S.D. 300 TI ( titanium tweeter ) . Also use pair of RTS 3 with a H/K 3250 2 channel receiver and RTS-C1 ( center channel ) with the 300 TI powered by the H/K AVR25 MKII receiver . All are over 20 years old .

IMG_7538.JPG
IMG_7540.JPG
IMG_7542.JPG
IMG_7536.JPG
IMG_7537.JPG

Last edited:

I think they're still in production but their number of authorized dealers has really shrunk.

I found this from Amazon, but one has to choose the retailers carefully. One retailer is listed as "Klipsch Group, Inc".

Or this:

A note about Amazon.com: While Amazon is an authorized online dealer of Energy products, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.com. Please Contact Us directly before you purchase if you are uncertain.​

Back