Where to buy 5W-30 in 5 Gallon Pails?

Most instances the Auto Zone worker is not even aware the bag in box is avaliable ....my local AZ only the commercial account store stocks the bag in box however it can be brought from the nearest hub

Or (and this is what I would do) order four boxes of Havoline synthetic blend from Walmart. That gets you six gallons for $68 and no cumbersome pail to fool with.

In a quest to lower prices, I have been trying to find 5W-30 in a pail, with out much luck.
Diesel oil, no problem, as well as gasoline 10W-30.
I have been looking online and at all the retailers that come to mind, but have come up empty so far.
A lower-tier/store brand is what I am looking for, as the car is a daily highway driven '05 Lesabre, not anything fancy or exotic.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Check your local NAPA or auto supply if no luck, would 10w30 do you harm? Tractor supply has their home brew of 10w30 about $3.10 per qrt.

Or (and this is what I would do) order four boxes of Havoline synthetic blend from Walmart. That gets you six gallons for $68 and no cumbersome pail to fool with.
Price went up. Nearly Identical to Pro DS now. Last week I ordered 11 of the 16.99. I should be good for a while.

I can’t find the Fram in anything larger than 5 quart jugs on their website. Am I searching wrong?
Call and ask a commercial account manager at your nearest Advance or the exact same oil in a STP box from Autozone and again only the commercial guys usually even know they sell such a thing ......I always go bag in box when possible

There is a place called buyoil.com. They sell the cardboard eco boxes for commercial garages. They are 20Liters or 6 gal depending on manufacture and brand of oil.
They are no bargain though. Example the Mobil 1 ecobox is 20L. It's 169.99. That's no deal at all.
You cheapest place is Walmart.com or Amazon.com. You can usually buy the 5 quart jugs in a 3 pack or 6 pack bulk box.

In a quest to lower prices, I have been trying to find 5W-30 in a pail, with out much luck.
Diesel oil, no problem, as well as gasoline 10W-30.
I have been looking online and at all the retailers that come to mind, but have come up empty so far.
A lower-tier/store brand is what I am looking for, as the car is a daily highway driven '05 Lesabre, not anything fancy or exotic.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Have you checked a truck stop?

STP Bag in box PN

Conventional 5w30 PN SZN5306G $79.99
Full Syn 5w30 PN SZND536G $119.00

Have used lots of this stuff in various weights

STP Bag in box PN

Conventional 5w30 PN SZN5306G $79.99
Full Syn 5w30 PN SZND536G $119.00

Have used lots of this stuff in various weights
For the conventional oil that’s 24 quarts for $80, or $3.33 per quart. I can order the Mobil synthetic blend from Rural King in 5 quart jugs and have it delivered for $3.00/quart.

Yes I understand the drive for a person to pinch every penny and dollar from their oil purchase I suspect it's part of the fun

But then why stop at that when you can buy a 55 and get the price down even lower or a bulk crate and so on 🤣 I kid..... if you get it cheap and feel good about it kick ass

I buy bulk oil by the relationship I have built with my commercial account at AZ money is saved and I roll on

When it comes my personal vehicles I buy purely based on bottle style and brand nostalgia 😁

Yes I understand the drive for a person to pinch every penny and dollar from their oil purchase I suspect it's part of the fun

But then why stop at that when you can buy a 55 and get the price down even lower or a bulk crate and so on 🤣 I kid..... if you get it cheap and feel good about it kick ass

I buy bulk oil by the relationship I have built with my commercial account at AZ money is saved and I roll on

When it comes my personal vehicles I buy purely based on bottle style and brand nostalgia 😁T

That is a good chunk of it, the fun of getting the most bang for the buck and benefitting from the ability to my own work, etc.
I just got home from looking for clearance oil. Aside from finding Peak Conventional 5W30 @ $3.80 a quart, I didn't find anything.
The thought of a 55 gallon drum occurred to me briefly.... That I am not sure I can justify in my mind.
I understand the brand nostalgia. I do wish I knew about ST back in the early 2000's though, I went through a lot of Valvoline in the Dodge Diplomat I was driving at the time, definitely could have used the savings.

That is a good chunk of it, the fun of getting the most bang for the buck and benefitting from the ability to my own work, etc.
I just got home from looking for clearance oil. Aside from finding Peak Conventional 5W30 @ $3.80 a quart, I didn't find anything.
The thought of a 55 gallon drum occurred to me briefly.... That I am not sure I can justify in my mind.
I understand the brand nostalgia. I do wish I knew about ST back in the early 2000's though, I went through a lot of Valvoline in the Dodge Diplomat I was driving at the time, definitely could have used the savings.
Dont forget when you buy a 55 you have to also buy a hand pump to get it out easy

I would run Peak oils no prob

Dont forget when you buy a 55 you have to also buy a hand pump to get it out easy

I would run Peak oils no prob
Already found that pump.
Went back and purchased all the 5W-30 they had.
WM had very little today, was contemplating QS priced the same as ST, but they were out.

Back