Where on Earth can I get PUP? + other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been looking for another jug of PU/PUP since about march, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere at all. I lucked out and found the last jug of PU 5w-20 in clearance at ONE walmart last December, but that was the last time I saw any PU other than the quarts of the PU euro-formulation 0w-40 some auto parts stores carry.

I'm using it in my 07 Acura TL Type-S, which I got last July with ~173K on it. I put M1 AFE 0w-20 in it the first chance I had at about 178K and my car didn't seem to like it as much as the PU 5w-20 (put in at 183.4K) which was noticeably quieter and smoother. Obviously, I wanted to stick with the PU/PUP since 1:don't exactly know what oil was used in it/ OCIs/ internal nastiness my engine has from the first 173K put on it by others and I wanted to make sure it was as clean as possible, and 2:It's a little cheaper and sounds like the best oil going right now.

So... all the backstory aside, where in the world can I find PUP? The only place I know of that is selling it now is walmart. But only one walmart near me is listed as "carrying" it on their website, and it seems to always be out of stock. Has it not been very popular in the southeast and it's just going to be slow to get here?
If it's never going to be available anywhere, what would a good alternative be?

Would switching back to 0w-20 be a good idea? Now that Pennzoil is making 0w I'm kinda interested again if I can get it for less than the M1 pricetag, but I don't know if there would be any discernible difference/pros about it.

Haven't come across PUP yet and only place I've seen PU are Autozones and Pepboys in qt singles

People like me probably bought up all the PU when on clearance near you.
PUP hasn't shown up around here either, but PPPP has.
All syn oils are $25+ at Walmart right now, if u shop there. Synpower may even be on sale also, any 0/5w-20 syn should work if car doesn't require specific manufacturer approvals; QSUD & SynPower have good value. Mobil1 AFE is an excellent product, I use in winter. Castrol & Mobil EP jugs are same price as all others too.

Not sure why you think M1 is expensive, its cheaper than PU usually. If M1 was not smooth, dot go back to it if you can't find PU. Go with either PP 0w20 or TGMO 0w20. By the way, I saw about a week ago that Amazon had cases of the new PUP for around $35.

PUP showed up in my local WalMart a few weeks ago. They had been clearancing PU for $25 per 5-qt jug, and I stocked up on 5w30. They also had PU 5w20, but none of my cars use that weight.

Found PU in Altus Oklahoma, mostly5w-20, this past weekend.

Found PU 5w-30 and 5w-20 in Trinidad CO on Wednesday morning. Cleaned them out of the 5w-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back