Where do you find your info outside of BITOG?

I use the oil specification called up in the owner’s manual/workshop manual. If the oil called up required ACEA, API, ILSAC etc, then that is the oil I will use.

I am not a chemical engineer unlike some people on this site and therefore am not qualified to determine the use or suitability of any lubricant not called up and that is the reason that I rely on the specifications called up for a particular vehicle.

I have zero interest in the oil brand only the specifications
This is the truth. And for 99% of private car owners, an UOA is unnecessary.

Foreign websites give me some inkling. Mostly from Ireland. I like to see what they run in their cars and cross reference. I've called Dave at Redline and explained what I want to do. The Accord Forums and even the Civic X forums have made me feel better about running 30wts. My agency nurse has been driving my car back and forth to Wichita lately so it gets 1200 miles a week or more. Not hard miles either, 82 mph for a couple hours non stop. I would say I am getting myself more into the mentality of not following the olm and draining at 8k vs letting the computer tell me to go about another 1-2k miles. I check it cold once a week and it needs very little top off.

Back