Where are the planes @6a?

My house is below the flight path for planes going to and leaving several airports in Southern California. I have noticed that around 6a few if any are flying.

Why is that? My house is the blue dot.

Screenshot_20210921-055404.png

This screenshot from Flightaware shows the flights in the air now, which is 6:15AM PDT.

There just aren't many flights.

Run out now and tell me when you see the 747 heading east :)

Screenshot 2021-09-21 081136.jpg

LAX is pretty restricted from some time in the night around 10 to11pm to 6/7am due to the flight pattern, not your flight path, they could give a **** about the Salton Sea, and the area your in, that's how far out it backs up sometimes. I have seen the Salton Sea many times when the jet is turning into the flight path to LAX.

It's the inner city, not that they care about Manchester, Inglewood, Lynwood, ect. It's Marina del Rey, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo, ect, There are many huge noise blocks, but still the noise from take off is pretty strong in that area where a lot of Big money resides.

There are some exceptions, but few. I have been delayed from 1pm to about midnight and flew out about midnight to Hawaii one night and it sucked! I have landed as late as 10:30 to 10:45pm at LAX. Late at night jets will "Glide" in from over the ocean making as little noise as possible, but this is a limited basis.

When So.Cal has Santa Ana winds, they reverse the flight pattern take off and landing. Your place is no longer the flight path for landing.

Back