When to do first oil change on pressure washer?

5w40 synthetic goes on offer here a few times through the year and end up half the price of 5w30. i will do as you guys suggest and dump the oil now and then do another quick dump once i use it again next year.

i dont the first oil change on the pressure washer engine today. 212cc motor done around 4 to 5 hours max run time. odd how the oil looks really dirty in the little food container i used as a drain pan. i dipped the paper towel into the oil drain pan and took a pic it looks a lot cleaner on the paper towel than in the container.
used shell 5w40 has 400ml left in the bottle so the engine is not full but half way up the dip stick. got new bottle on order so will top up when done. easy to fill the oil since i took the spout off a gearbox oil bottle and it fit the shell oil bottle perfectly.
IMG_20200926_151450.jpg
IMG_20200926_151512.jpg
IMG_20200926_152102.jpg

When should the second oil change be done? Ir do i now just carry on as the manual says and change oil every 50 hours?

I would recommend a magnetic dipstick. I have on in mine. I have a thread with pics here somewhere. I don't know how to copy paste a link from my phone.

When should the second oil change be done? Ir do i now just carry on as the manual says and change oil every 50 hours?
The engine will most likely live a long and happy life by following the manual.

With that said, I'm a little OCD. I would change again after every 5 - 10 hours until the break-in glitter is gone. Then, when no glitter in the oil, switch to the recommendations in the owner's manual. (It took three oil changes on my lawn mower and two oil changes on my generator to flush all the break-in glitter)

Ok will do. Next year when i use the washer again i will change its oil after.

Back