When there are no vehicles you want to buy..

same with BMWs. 350hp and amazing handling, but it comes with a price. my dad's bmw has spent more time torn apart in his garage then it's spent on the road. it was cheap and high miles though
Modern BMWs are a far cry from what a "true" BMW is in my opinion. Sure, they have tons of tech, great handling, and great power, but when putting around below 80 mph they feel identical to a Camry. I was very un-impressed by the new ones I drove. I mean unless you are tracking it (nearest track is hours away from me) you can't really "use" the car in an enjoyable way.

My friend owns a 2005 E46 330i ZHP with 6speed manual that is in my mind the ultimate BMW. I'm just waiting for him to have enough kids before he gives it up and I swoop in. :LOL: Perfect steering feel, excellent handling, great brakes, and a seat you could be in for hours. The turbine smooth drivetrain is happy to rev to red line on a backroad. It sounds so good you forget the car even has a radio. You enjoy driving it so much you are willing to put up with some of its maintenance and engineering quirks. The modern cars don't offer that experience, but instead come packed full of technology and are even more annoying to wrench on. This car you could drive in a spirited manner without reaching really unsafe speeds like the modern cars.

Modern BMWs are a far cry from what a "true" BMW is in my opinion. Sure, they have tons of tech, great handling, and great power, but when putting around below 80 mph they feel identical to a Camry. I was very un-impressed by the new ones I drove. I mean unless you are tracking it (nearest track is hours away from me) you can't really "use" the car in an enjoyable way.

My friend owns a 2005 E46 330i ZHP with 6speed manual that is in my mind the ultimate BMW. I'm just waiting for him to have enough kids before he gives it up and I swoop in. :LOL: Perfect steering feel, excellent handling, great brakes, and a seat you could be in for hours. The turbine smooth drivetrain is happy to rev to red line on a backroad. It sounds so good you forget the car even has a radio. You enjoy driving it so much you are willing to put up with some of its maintenance and engineering quirks. The modern cars don't offer that experience, but instead come packed full of technology and are even more annoying to wrench on. This car you could drive in a spirited manner without reaching really unsafe speeds like the modern cars.
by modern bmw, i mean a car with vvt and fuel injection. I've not driven a newer than 2015 bmw. i wish I could find one with a manual, that would be an amazing car.

I don't see it being anything special in that respect either, I guess I'm just too used to the CX-9...
I've heard a tune will wake it up substantially but I never took the plunge. It is detuned for economy and city traffic amoung all else.

Back