When did Valvoline quit producing SynPower oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Originally Posted by PimTac
Correct though the timing may not be exact. The formulation change happened for d1G2.

*Also didn't Valvoline end their partnership with their previous base stock / additives supplier ?

That I am not familiar with. I know they spun off of Ashland as a separate company now.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Correct though the timing may not be exact. The formulation change happened for d1G2.

*Also didn't Valvoline end their partnership with their previous base stock / additives supplier ?

That I am not familiar with. I know they spun off of Ashland as a separate company now.

*My bad- it was Ashland that I was thinking of ...

Originally Posted by mrdctaylor
I guess I was just surprised that Pep Boys is still selling the old stuff.

As a whole, I have found most Pep Boys stores to have bad stocking practices. First of all, they are priced way high than most other chain stores for everyday oil prices. So there is not a lot of turn on shelf product. Secondly, they seem to restock by pushing old stock back on the shelf with new stock up front.

I have seen 10+ year old Purolator oil filters and SL rated name brand oil sitting on the shelves of my local Pep Boys living in a time warp.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how expensive the oil was on the shelf. $39.99 for a 5 quart jug of Valvoline SynPower 5W30 from 2016. After a sale, online purchase discount and 2 rebates it got my price down to $10.98 for the jug, which works for me. :) I don't know who would pay full prices there when Walmart (or even Amazon) sell oil so much cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back