Wheel repair - Is this fixable?

A curb jumped up and hit my wheel today. This is the damage. Going to call a couple of wheel repair places and see if it's fixable and how much

What do you think . Fixable ? $?

Without any photos of the damage, it’s hard to tell. 🤷‍♂️
i’m super careful with my Forgeline custom wheels, but I still manage to get a minor scrape now and then.

IMG_20230427_122445_494.jpg
IMG_20230427_122529_778.jpg

Absolutely fixable. $150. I hit a raised manhole cover with the Mustang and did no cosmetic damage but put a nice bend in the lip and barrel. Couldn't feel it while driving but spun it by hand with the wheel off the ground and could see it. You might want to take a look so you're not surprised when they tell you it needs to be trued.

Does it still feel balanced? It's absolutely fixable, IMO, unless there are stress cracks not in the photo.

Fixable but you will need to find a shop around you that actually does wheel repairs to get a price, that is not something anyone on here can tell you.

With a Dremel and some clearcoat you could get it looking 85% better. Question is, how much would a small blemish bug you? The rest of the body I assume is perfect.

With a Dremel and some clearcoat you could get it looking 85% better. Question is, how much would a small blemish bug you? The rest of the body I assume is perfect.
bugs the heck out of me. i am usually very careful with these things. i think it was not a curb, but something sticking out close to the curb when i made a turn .

new wheel is around $350 /400

So I just left a wheel repair place . Seeing what was in the parking lot o knew they would not be inexperienced. They wanted $300 to fix my wheel .

May as well get a new one . I am going to check the yards this summer and see if I can find a used one . The car is going to need tires after the summer anyways so may as well do it at the same time

Back