Whats your ultimate sleeper?

Only catch is that the engine has to be made by the same manufacturer as the car. Transmission and rear can be anything.
I would do an old LTD with a nitrous Coyote, Tremec TKO, 9 inch rear, and something quiet like Dynomax super turbos with a stock cam.

A 4 door Mercedes twin turbo V-12 with a tune. Nobody expects a 4 door to be fast. In stock form, it’s surprised quite a few.

This car with a Shelby GT350 drivetrain.

4.jpg

What about as it was from the factory with no mods?

In that case I’d be surprised to admit that the Cobalt SS gets my nod. A guy I worked with bought one and most of us laughed at it. A lowly Cavalier with some SS badges and an allegedly-boosted little engine. Maybe it could achieve 0-60 in under 10 seconds and put a Cavalier to shame...ha ha. The joke was on me when I finally drove it. Scary fast for something so small and of questionable quality (in my opinion). With some suspension and front end work, I’m sure it could have handled nice enough to be something I’d even have bought.

This is the modern version of the sleeper wagon and what I'm currently building towards...

Look at what the dudes wearing even... button up Mr Rogers sweater

What about as it was from the factory with no mods?

In that case I’d be surprised to admit that the Cobalt SS gets my nod. A guy I worked with bought one and most of us laughed at it. A lowly Cavalier with some SS badges and an allegedly-boosted little engine. Maybe it could achieve 0-60 in under 10 seconds and put a Cavalier to shame...ha ha. The joke was on me when I finally drove it. Scary fast for something so small and of questionable quality (in my opinion). With some suspension and front end work, I’m sure it could have handled nice enough to be something I’d even have bought.
2008 cobalt ss was extremely good for the money. Surprisingly so it was a lightning lap contender and still amazing at the cars it out performed

2008 cobalt ss was extremely good for the money. Surprisingly so it was a lightning lap contender and still amazing at the cars it out performed
Similar was the Saturn ion redline. Razor sharp handling pitbull biting brakes. And a punchy little mill.

Back