What's Your Turn Off Point in Dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$800+ bucks sounds like a dealer pricing, and knowing dealers, you probably can't just get the housing, you have to get the whole thing, and even if the housing is the same price, the installation with the HID will be more expensive.

My point was, that if it was a 40k+ car the OP would not probably mention the price, but the same equipment on a cheaper car somewhat presents a problem. People don't get the tremendous value they get, but instead they focus on final price of the car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
That has been my point on tires for a long time. How much does each tire cost on the new Mazda 3?

Well, that depends. Did you want the 15", 16", 17", or 18" rims? It's entirely your choice!

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
I miss the old Bimmers with the easy-to-replace round lights.
I dont because I'm still driving a pair of 528es. Best cars Ive ever owned

I'll never buy a brand new car. If someone is willing to buy a brand new car and take the value hit the second they drive it off the lot then they shouldn't complain about the cost of parts on it. Dealer pricing is one of the biggest ripoffs ever on most parts.

Most people never even give a nanoseconds thought to what maintenance will cost either. Also, you can usually get better made higher performance parts from the aftermarket cheaper than dealer pricing on OEM parts depending on which parts they are.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
I miss the old Bimmers with the easy-to-replace round lights.
I dont because I'm still driving a pair of 528es. Best cars Ive ever owned

Argh. I passed a 320i today. I miss mine. I'd love to get myself a 528e...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back