What's Your Favorite Walmart Oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be anal about which oil l purchased and would try to find PAO and avoid Group Ill, but l now purchase the cheapest 5 gallon jug that meets the owners manual spec.

These days that oil is SuperTech 0w20. The 5qt jug is the perfect amount for a 6 to 7k interval in my 2.0 liter Subaru. It is priced right.
I'm too lazy to mess with rebates.

My favorite Walmart oil looks like this...

Untitled.jpg

Originally Posted by jbutch
Originally Posted by SilverSnake
None. Do not buy oil at Walmart.

Why is that?

Just a few of the reasons:
* Walmart stores are dirty
* Walmart employees (if you can ever find one) are surly, not interested in helping you, have little or no product knowledge, and many can barely speak English
* Not interested in buying someone else's used oil or water in a new oil container
* Can't get from the car to the store or back without being hit up for "gas or food money" buy some pathetic bum
* Most of the customers are people I would prefer not to be around
* I prefer my car to be free of parking lot dings from all manner of junk cars
* I save a lot of gas and wear and tear on my vehicles by ordering oil from Amazon. May be a little more expensive but well worth it.

Last edited:
But going to Walmart is like going to a zoo without any cages ... sometimes entertaining and you're not in danger of getting ate (at least not yet) ...
lol.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
But going to Walmart is like going to a zoo without any cages ... sometimes entertaining and you're not in danger of getting ate (at least not yet) ...
lol.gif

They don't call the Walmart in Renton, WA little Somalia for nothing!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
lol.gif

They don't call the Walmart in Renton, WA little Somalia for nothing!
www.peopleofwalmart.com is awesome.

SuperTech synthetic is the best deal there, or maybe Magnatec, both good oils for cheap. And, Castrol 0w40 is one of the highest performing oils on the market and is still cheap at Walmart.

Why is that?

* Walmart employees (if you can ever find one) are surly, not interested in helping you, have little or no product knowledge, and many can barely speak English
* Not interested in buying someone else's used oil or water in a new oil container
* Can't get from the car to the store or back without being hit up for "gas or food money" buy some pathetic bum
* I save a lot of gas and wear and tear on my vehicles by ordering oil from Amazon. May be a little more expensive but well worth it.

You need to move. There are some trashy Walmarts, and their are decent Walmarts.

Of the 4 Walmarts within 7 miles of me only 1 is even semi-sketchy (it is the oldest one of them).
  • All 4 are clean
  • Employees speak English and are helpful as to what I expect (basic general help in locating items and such)
  • never bought "used" oil from them, really not that hard to check before buying (happens at parts stores as well)
  • no bums in my area, never been approached at a Walmart
  • I do agree some customers I don't want to be around, but no more than most other big box stores
  • learn to park away from other vehicles if you are worried about door dings, if you park by others, you will get dings, happens in all parking lots
  • I make trips to Walmart when running other errands (plus closest one is only 2 miles from me).

Why is that?

Not all heros wear capes

Originally Posted by blupupher
learn to park away from other vehicles if you are worried about door dings, if you park by others, you will get dings, happens in all parking lots

I find that Wal-Marts lots tend to have huge parking spaces. Maybe not Costco sized, but still pretty big. That might mean parking further out than most places though.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

Why is that?

Not all heros wear capes

LOL and so the USPS won't deliver to your house?

Supertech-price
Valvoline fs- just because I always favored it.
M10W40 - The Toyota likes it.
Motorcraft ss the fusion likes it.

Sure get cheap name-brand (or not) oil at Walmart, do that, but the "Walmart Pay" with "Savings Catcher" phone app will save you around $200 per year typically. Seriously. Kudos to the Bentonville Bunch for inventing that.

My favorite was Magnatec 5W30 but they quit stocking it after I cleared the shelf at $5.00 per jug. When i run out of my stash of Magnatec three years from now, I will need to look for another oil!

Supertech oil. The other oils seem cheaper than from other places, but ST is always cheap. Yeah I could hit up rebates, but at the moment I buy only a few days before--less stuff cluttering up my house. I ran a ST filter once, was in a pinch, and didn't like it. The o-ring on the Toyota filter was hugely deformed after a few months and 10k, to the point I think it would have started leaking had it been in place any longer. Not the quality I was after.

At least the Walmarts in my area seem dead at 7am. I can get in and out pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by blupupher
You need to move. There are some trashy Walmarts, and their are decent Walmarts.

Of the 4 Walmarts within 7 miles of me only 1 is even semi-sketchy (it is the oldest one of them).
  • All 4 are clean
  • Employees speak English and are helpful as to what I expect (basic general help in locating items and such)
  • never bought "used" oil from them, really not that hard to check before buying (happens at parts stores as well)
  • no bums in my area, never been approached at a Walmart
  • I do agree some customers I don't want to be around, but no more than most other big box stores
  • learn to park away from other vehicles if you are worried about door dings, if you park by others, you will get dings, happens in all parking lots
  • I make trips to Walmart when running other errands (plus closest one is only 2 miles from me).

* Thanks for your suggestion to move. I will have to decline. The definition of "decent" is subjective. I don't have to look for a "decent" Walmart. There are plenty of alternatives.
* Four Walmarts within 7 miles? Sounds like a classy place
* I suspect your definition of clean and mine might be different.
* It appears I might have a higher level of expectation than you.
* Shouldn't have to check for "used" oil. Don't have to when buying from Amazon.
* If you have not been approached by bums, maybe you look like you don't have any money
* IMO Walmart customers are unique. Have not seen anything like them in other big box stores.
* Another of your suggestions. Thanks but I already park away from other cars. At Walmart that just gives the bums more time and distance to intercept you.
* While you are out "enjoying" your favorite store I am a home sipping a cold beer waiting for Amazon Prime to deliver my oil to the front door. Don't have to wait long.
* Now I have a suggestion for you. Walmart is hiring. If you work there, you don't have to make any special trips to buy oil. You are obviously a strong supporter and should have no trouble getting hired. I am thinking Greeter would be a good fit..

Maybe you should keep your "opinions" to yourself instead of slamming someone else for their shopping habits. Have a nice life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back