What's your favorite handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SouthDakotaDad
1) Glock 26. Great balance of size, capacity and reliability. If I could only pick one gun for concealed carry and home defense, the G26 fits the bill nicely.

Yep,that's what my concealed carry pistol is. Fits perfectly in my pocket.

I don't own any (don't have my RPAL) but from my time in the US and visiting ranges there, I'd say my favourite was a Colt revolver in .357 mag with a long-ish barrel (4.25"). I believe the model is the King Cobra? really nice to shoot.

My CZ 75BD. Full size steel 9mm with great ergonomics and accuracy (and very pretty!).

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dippschtick
HK USP series.

.45 Full size
.45 Compact
9mm Full size

I have a .40 Compact. Really nice gun. Accurate. Reliable. Well made.

I need to put some new sighs on it, though, the tritium has faded after 15 years...

CZ-75.
Nothing I own fits my hand better. Nothing i own is more accurate. And 1911's are way, way, over-rated.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I'm a big fan of the Beretta 92 series for aesthetics and target shooting.
For defense, I prefer a Glock.

Same.

I have an early 80's Taurus 92 built on original Beretta tooling. It shoots like a dream - almost as good as the CZ-75 does.

Glock G22 Gen II with Trijicon sights for everyday carry.

I agree with some other posters. Hard to beat the old P series Ruger work horses. I would say I'm more of a revolver person however.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
My favorite, if I had to pick one, is the 1911 chambered in 9mm.

I like your style, ready to be bold.

I have a pre-80 Colt Commander in 9mm and it's a VERY sweet shooting gun. I enjoy shooting it better than most any full-size or .45 1911, save one full-custom Novak. 9mm + Commander length is a really nice combination (Colt trivia, the Commander WAS a 9mm gun to start, .45 was a later commercial chambering after military trials).

S&W N frame is various permutations is second after 1911 platform.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
My favorite, if I had to pick one, is the 1911 chambered in 9mm. I have a Springfield Armory stainless "loaded" and love the way it shoots. Only modification is I switched the 2 piece guide rod for a GI so I don't need an allen wrench to field strip it. Cheap ammo and easy shooting chambered in 9mm as the piece is heavy and recoil is low. I have carpal tunnel as well as arthritis so this greatly improved my accuracy.

I have been thinking on going this route. They shoot so nice. I have a titanium plate with 12 screws in my right wrist and this might just be the ticket. I have been shooting a Shield 9mm and after a while my wrist starts hurting. The little gun is pretty snappy.

Originally Posted by UncleDave
My .357 Magnum Colt Python - not only is it dead nuts on accuracy wise - the action is indescribably slick, and its menacing look gets oohs and ahhs at the range.

UD

My S&W 586 in .357 Magnum. Amazing accuracy for a wheel gun but had the trigger system worked on for smoothness and a 4 lb trigger pull.

Second bestest is my S&W 0.40 with three magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back