What's this crud on the dip stick?

1995 Olds 88 with 59,000 miles been sitting 11 years and just started it recently a few times. If I pull out the dip stick before turning the engine on for the first time that day, I see this black crud.

IMG_8698.JPG

When I wipe it off and check again it's not there,

IMG_8699.JPG

What is that stuff in the middle of the oil level?

Haven't changed it yet until I can get it fully warmed up after a drive. It's still up on jack stands from the gas tank replacement and have to change some brake lines next.

may B condensate dropping off the VC into the cc, who cares. The real inspection occurs when U drop the pan'n look or do a simple oil change.
Ck the resultant gunk then, for answrs on this vehicle.
"some of the worse things U can do" to a car is leave it set. If it 'turns over' (is not frozen up) the fuel system clean & oil change are very early steps in getting it running again...
Will B an OK vehicle, 11 yrs is nuttin~

may B condensate dropping off the VC into the cc, who cares. The real inspection occurs when U drop the pan'n look or do a simple oil change.
Ck the resultant gunk then, for answrs on this vehicle.
"some of the worse things U can do" to a car is leave it set. If it 'turns over' (is not frozen up) the fuel system clean & oil change are very early steps in getting it running again...
Will B an OK vehicle, 11 yrs is nuttin~
What?

Back