What's there to lubricate on a Tesla ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at one and the only thing under the hood was a cap for windshield washer fluid!

Quite a bit of luggage space under the hood plus the car had two rear facing seats under the back hatch for a total of 7 seats.

Awesome car but the oil/lube might be a bit boring for us BITOG people. I can imagine talking about the good old days when we used to change oil.

I think if I had a Tesla, since it sounds like you can only change the washer fluid I'd be changing brands and seeing how each performed LOL.

I don't have the desire to do so now, since my car doesn't even hold washer fluid, has had a hole in the bottle for years.

We'd have to add a totally new forum here in BITOG for Tesla folks. "Electric motor lubrication" subforum?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I think if I had a Tesla, since it sounds like you can only change the washer fluid I'd be changing brands and seeing how each performed LOL.

I don't have the desire to do so now, since my car doesn't even hold washer fluid, has had a hole in the bottle for years.

Funny thing,Ive had my car for 15+ years and I've never even pushed the washer fluid button to see if it even works haha. It has washers for the windshield and rear window.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Funny thing,Ive had my car for 15+ years and I've never even pushed the washer fluid button to see if it even works haha. It has washers for the windshield and rear window.

When I bought my E430 in 2000 I bought a gallon washer fluid from Walmart for 99 cents, I didn't used it up until this year. Didn't used more than 4-5 oz washer fluid in my S2000 after 11 years.

They just opened a Tesla dealer next to my work this past weekend. Everyone is looking over the fence at their empty service area.

That being said, I would not turn down a P90D.

Originally Posted By: mva
I looked at one and the only thing under the hood was a cap for windshield washer fluid!

LOL!
crackmeup2.gif

Google is your friend...
http://my.teslamotors.com/service/faq

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1095...eeded-new-tires

"Owners' manual

My owner's manual was no help in trying to figure out what actually was done during the annual service. It said only, "Take Model S to Tesla every 12,500 miles or 12 months."

Later, as I approached the milestones, I learned that newer owner's manuals listed the following maintenance schedule for the Model S:

Flush/replace brake fluid every two years
Replace cabin air filter every 24,000 miles
Replace battery coolant every four years
Rotate tires every 5,000 miles

Three of those four items didn't apply during my first year."

So in short it looks like the writer just got whacked for big expensive tires around 20k like every other luxury car owner does. Basically like all other luxury car manufactures they whack you for the cabin air filter change and to poke around a bit. You could simply do such things yourself and not spend the $600. Electronic updates are a mute point since Tesla does those constantly anyway. The owner could have just paid the dealer $200-$300 for a headlight and wheel alignment and been done with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Which battery coolant ? Tesla coolant only ?

IDK, I'm sure when we buy one the service department will have the answer.

If I had to guess I bet its GO5 or something pretty standard, I doubt they reinvented the wheel for a battery cooling system.

Pretty much a no service car though, just simple stuff really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back