What's the ballpark range to Milwaukee repair this 3/4 impact I'm being given?

My cousin is a tool salesman and found an old busted Milwaukee 3/4 inch impact laying around. He says I can get it repaired by the manufacturer cheaper than getting another one.

Any idea what the ballpark range to repair would be?

Attachments

• 726684118.jpg
    726684118.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 60
Also when you enter the serial number online it'll tell ya if it's under warranty. Just say you DO NOT have the receipt -- it's ok

But it should be 5 years from, what, June-ish?? of 2021

If it works you'll see why Milwaukee is awesome. Easy warranty, no receipt required, 5 years on most tools (batts, OPE and some trade-specific specialty tools are more like 3 years). They'll give you a prepaid FedEx label you print.
^^ Yup, what he said. Very well stated. Milwaukee does vary the warranty from 3 - 5 years. I have never needed a warranty issue on many purchases but do check before buying.

Yeah I ran the serial and it's good until 2026.

I'll post what happens once I get my hands on in the impact.

Well after reading the specs on the milwaukee I decided against it. Its geared more towards construction work.

I don't need 1500 ft lbs nut busting torque, if I use that on siezed bolt I'm likely to snap the head off.

750 ft lbs fastening torque. One again worried I'll break something.

So about an hour ago I grabbed this guy: $160

Looking forward to getting to use it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_162838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_162838_Chrome.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 13
On the bottom of the Milwaukee is numbers, 1-4 where you can control the nut busting torque. The blank one is where it only barely tightens. 1 is a little beans, 4 is full beans. If you cross reference the model number and the manual it should have a range of torque for the numbers.

Would still suggest sending it in for warranty. I've sent in 3 tools and all came back within a week and a half and was a brand new tool. Their website is extremely easy to use and track the repair as well.

That Kobalt looks nice and should work good.

Well I should be in posession of the milwaukee within the next week.

Back