What's in your oil pan???

Oil. Castrol Edge EP 5W30
So this is why I initially posted this question. I see a lot of people on here running castrol edge. I used to run syntec forever ago, mostly because my mechanic recommended it. What's your reasoning for choosing edge?

So this is why I initially posted this question. I see a lot of people on here running castrol edge. I used to run syntec forever ago, mostly because my mechanic recommended it. What's your reasoning for choosing edge?
I just wanted to try it out basically. I don’t think I will be able to tell a difference with any oil I put in my car. I recently posted a UOA with super tech 5w20 conventional, little over 6K
miles. I’m going to try and go at least 10K on the edge, do a uoa just because and maybe, just maybe stick with the edge ep (and fram ultra) for 10-12K intervals but may ultimately use PYB for 5000 mile intervals instead, I just like changing my oil and don’t know if I can wait that long between intervals.
-Not saying that I can’t with the uoa to show I can, I just like messing with the car

Mobil1 5w-20EP in our 2012 3.5 Highlander and currently it is just shy of 130,000 miles. 10,000 mile OCI. My 2016 2.7 EcoBoost (65,500 miles) F150 gets Motorcraft 5w-30 SemiSyn at approx 7500 mile intervals. My 1969 GTO currently has 10w-40 Castrol semisyn in it.

So, now we have threads about “what’s your lates oil change” and “what do you have currently”. We’re still missing “what’s your prev used oil” and “what do you plan on trying next”. I can also think of “try to guess what’s in the sump of the following commenter” :)

Saturn 1.9 DOHC

Mobil Delvac 1300
Rislone Engine Treatment 100QR
LiquiMoly 2009
Quaker State Higher Mileage Engine 10w-30
Smitty's Super S 5w-30
Motorkote

Purring like a kitten lapping away at the brew @ ~1500 mpq

So, now we have threads about “what’s your lates oil change” and “what do you have currently”. We’re still missing “what’s your prev used oil” and “what do you plan on trying next”. I can also think of “try to guess what’s in the sump of the following commenter” :)
No one says you have to participate in the threads. You do have the option of not replying and just being quiet

No one says you have to participate in the threads. You do have the option of not replying and just being quiet
Lol so mean! I bet you don’t own the forum so I can say whatever I want, like it or not. But feel free to bring more useful thoughts in here

Back