What's going on with Amazon's Purolator prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon wants $8.50 for a PureOne PL14610. I'll just go to Walmart and get the Ultra for $8.97.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Maybe the fact that they have barely turned a profit the past several years means higher prices??

IIRC they have not posted a profit for a while. They take a loss on many things.

Anyway, Amazon's pricing models are really bizarre. I've seen some items fluctuate by 10% over the course of a week. If you put an item in a wishlist, and the price changes, it will show you how much it changed since you added it. I have a wishlist for car maintenance items, and for whatever reason, the Bosch Icon OE wipers dropped 7% since I added them late last year.

Fleabay.....king of oil filters
smile.gif

Amazon's prices are all over the place. A good buy one day may be a terrible one a couple of days later for the same item. Pays to compare prices that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Blains Farm and Fleet...

www.farmandfleet.com/

"L" white cans, "PL" yellow, and "PSL" synthetic....

Decent prices.
http://www.farmandfleet.com/s/?fc=&ft=purolator

Yup. Blain's "Farm & Barn" is the hands down local favorite, with regular prices that are often better than Wallyworld. Can't beat Blain's when things go on sale. Merchandise is good quality, stores are very clean and well run, staff is polite & helpful. Too bad they are only in WI, IL & IA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back