What would happen if....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I mixed 1 quart of M1 5w-20 in with 3.5 quarts of GC? Would that do anything as far as thinning it down ever so slightly? I have a 4.5 quart sump, hence the oddball numbers there.

Ain't 5w-20's in general chok full o' good stuff to help compensate for it's viscosity (or lack thereof)? I'm wondering because when my GC stash starts to dwindle down I'm eventually going to need something to mix in there...why not try to thin it up a bit??
dunno.gif

Viscosity would drop slightly with the M1 added. At worst, you would be at a mid 30-weight instead of a 'thick' 30-wt like GC is.

5W-20's probably contain less of that 'stuff' than 5W-30's do. With quality oils such as GC and M1, I wouldn't worry at all.

...the Elves would get indigestion; they liked M1 0W-20 and they can accept (with only a little discomfort) Redline or Motul (no more than a quart mixed in)...but anything else upsets their systems...they also like ELF oils (naturally) but not mixed in...yup.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
...the Elves would get indigestion; they liked M1 0W-20 and they can accept (with only a little discomfort) Redline or Motul (no more than a quart mixed in)...but anything else upsets their systems...they also like ELF oils (naturally) but not mixed in...yup.

I KNEW that was coming sooner or later..
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back