what works best on dark cars thats OTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a candy red looking Tbird...I hate dark cars cause its hard to get it waxed without the haze or swirl marks showing up.

I have Zaino AIO and its OK but it doesnt shine as well as some of the other stuff I have used for what it costs..

What can i buy local that works well on dark cars? it doesnt have to last forever...I can wax every other month or so..my car stays clean anyhow.

Meguiar's NXT works awesome on dark colors, or better yet their brand new NXT 2.0 (which lasts even longer and has water fearing technology now). You can find the new NXT 2.0 at Walmart (in the gift pack for $25 with other Meguiar's stuff), and it gets released everywhere else in January.

whats "water fearing technology"? I havnt heard of this or the new NXT 2.0.....

Might need to check it out....I buy all kinds of waxes and try them out and then take the ones i dont want to work and use them there...

Yep, I would go with NXT 2.0, Mothers Reflections Car Wax, or Duragloss 101... depending on which one you come across.

Tried the Reflections...dont remember how I liked it...guess I will try the NXT 2.0.....I need something that shines great and doesnt leave streaks and areas that are darker than others...

thats my problem with dark colors and wax

Even with the water fearing technology the water will still bead up very nicely on the finish, it's just that when you're driving in the rain you can see a big difference in how easily the water beads scatter on your hood. When you drive in the rain the car doesn't look as dirty afterwards as a result.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Meguiar's NXT works awesome on dark colors, or better yet their brand new NXT 2.0 (which lasts even longer and has water fearing technology now). You can find the new NXT 2.0 at Walmart (in the gift pack for $25 with other Meguiar's stuff), and it gets released everywhere else in January.

Do you know how much longer this stuff is supposed to last? The current version doesn't last long at all. If it can maybe last 2x as long I think it would be a pretty nice OTC wax considering it will have the water fearing stuff in it.

There were a lot of people who got to test out samples of NXT 2.0 over the summer (but they didn't know it was NXT 2.0 they were testing) and they reported that it lasts pretty well, definitely a lot longer than the old version.

I still don't know if I'm going to use NXT 2.0 next year or the new Meguiar's #21 v 2.0. I'm currently using their original version of #21 and love it. But I definitely want to use something with their new water fearing ability, as I really love that feature since I began using their Ultimate Quik Detailer spray in the fall. That technology is perfect for me with my daily driven black car as it means less dust sticks to the paint.

Originally Posted By: MZ-Bird
Tried the Reflections...dont remember how I liked it...guess I will try the NXT 2.0.....I need something that shines great and doesnt leave streaks and areas that are darker than others...

thats my problem with dark colors and wax

The vehicle I use Reflections Car Wax & Top Coat on is dark red (Salsa Red Pearl). Never had any problems with streaks or areas that are darker. I'm sure you already know this, but I'll just mention the following:

No matter what product you use...

Apply thin, even coats.
Avoid applying on a hot paint surface, or in extremely humid conditions.
Make sure the towels you use to remove the wax are high quality and cleaned properly.

i like meguiars gold class on my dark car. i was using mother's sinwax on my silver car with great results, but was less than impressed with the appearance on the dark blue.

longevity is ok. i always use spray wax in between real waxes, so this isn't a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back