What will this POS 1992 Toyota Pickup sell for at auction.... hmm...

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Find it hard to understand how this piece of dupa 1992 Toyota pickup is already at $1825. Which means with fees it is at $2300. And that is before the tow or transporter from the yard.

I know Toyota pickups have a great following, and a well deserved positive reputation in many circles (less the frame rust). But with a failed transmission, passenger side smashed up, undercarriage damage, and 280k plus miles..... I am at a loss of the current pre-bid price and can only imagine what this may go for once the auction goes live.

toyota guys used to really really hate the 3.0 V6 pickups and had a hardon for the almost undrivable 2.4

Last edited:
toyota guys used to really really hate the 3.0 V6 pickups and had a hardon for the almost undrivable 2.4
I did the heads on a 3.0 once. Lots of intricate parts...nothing like the V8 Ford,gm,dodge I was familiar with. Job took a lot of hours. The timing belt is very easy though.

Had a local shop go through the heads which was a mistake.

I had a 92 x cab 4X4 Toyota p/u with the 3 litre engine and it was nice. It got rear ended and totaled so I bought a like 2006 with the 2.7 and I really like the 2.7 better.

Boss’s ’98 was in a wreck a couple of months ago. KBB in the short cab I4 4x4 was anywhere from $6-13k. Insurance fixed it no questions asked. Around 280,000 miles.

Those are in great demand from collectors. They're very well regarded off road. On the road either engine choice is a complete dog, but the 4 cylinder is more reliable.

That's not bad for the drivetrain - which is all complete, given today's prices. I would stick it in my tube chassis rock crawler with dual transfer cases and Dana 60 axles.

Looks like it has a prior salvage and then was rebuilt. So this is the second time it was salvaged. I wouldn't give you $50 for that turd...

I can totally see it. Those old Toyota’s are becoming seriously collectible. Someone will buy it, rebuild it, and probably make money on it.

Truck is currently at a pre-bid of $2325, with fees getting close to $3000. Bid will go up at the live auction today, who knows... would not be surprised to see $4,000+ sale price (with fees) as final sale price.

Wow...... Had no idea 1992 Toyota pickups had that kind of a cult following to pay that kind of money for a very beat up, high mileage truck.

Back