What were they thinking? Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best word to describe the looks of most of the new vehicles is gaudy….

My wife and I both agree on that rear bumper. Its so weird and to this day catches our eye thinking its damaged but now have seen a enough to know it is not.
Cool to see this post because its nice to know many others "see" what we see as almost a defect in design. *L*

( I suspect, enough feel this way that this is one design that will fail and be removed) but who knows, we all get used to stuff. Just not a clean look to us.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rekit
Everytime I see a 1999 or so Camry I can't help but love them. ...
Cd=0.30 then.
What is it now?

I like the new Camry. I would buy it if I needed one. I have many more years to go on what I have now so I will have to see what they have then.

Originally Posted by perfect_oil
The non operational air vents extending diagonally below the rear tail light section of the new Camry. When I first saw one of those cars in town from a distance, I thought there was something wrong with the car. They look like deep black knife cuts into the rear bumper. Looking at them up close in a parking lot, I can see that they're magnets for hard water spots. People don't seem to mind though, since they're such hot sellers.

[Linked Image from content.autotrader.com]

I got one.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by grampi

Take a look at a Mirai, takes it up a notch (the wrong way)

Originally Posted by RayCJ
I haven't decided if I like the new Camry styling. If someone was giving me one free, my mind would be made-up real fast -especially if it was an XLE hybrid version. BTW, it's not the fake rear brake cooling vents that bug me... Anyhow, heck yeah, I like Toyota. Between 1980 and 2010, I had about 6 brand new ones -still have two of them. In hundreds of thousands of miles, not one of them ever needed more than routine maintenance.

There has always been something about the front end that bothers me. My goodness! That picture nailed it. LOL

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

Take a look at a Mirai, takes it up a notch (the wrong way)

Exactly what I'm talking about....ugly!

Originally Posted by CR94
Cd=0.30 then.
What is it now?

I'd be surprised if the new ones weren't higher. .3 sounds low for any Camry. The '99 Corvette was .29 and it was way slicker than a Camry...

Originally Posted by CR94
Cd=0.30 then.
What is it now?

I'd be surprised if the new ones weren't higher. .3 sounds low for any Camry. The '99 Corvette was .29 and it was way slicker than a Camry...

Opel Calibra 1991: Cd= .26.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
To each their own, but that is the best looking Camry since the creation of the Camry! Interior, exterior, everything about this car looks better.

I took a college art history course. Pretty interesting stuff, and I would not otherwise have noticed design features of a lot of things.

I would encourage everyone to take such a course because it gives one a better grasp and appreciate of beauty and art. If you take such a course, you will think differently about the design of everything you see around you, from cars to buildings, whatever else.

Toyota tried hard to have the car shout "Japanese" to the world. Loud and proud.

Those rear vent markings make the car look distinctly Japanese. You can see a similar design in other Japanese art like fish paintings. It reminds me of the"whisker" parts of beautiful koi fish and dragon artwork.

Watch this video from about the 5:30 mark for about a minute or the whole video if you are inclined.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8qzkU2uUA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back