What went wrong with that Project Farms PP YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if this topic has been beat to death already. Sitting around on a rainy day and just saw this video. Being a Pennzoil Platinum user and always had good results, I was bothered by this guy's finding. How can PP come out so badly especially the cold pour test where PP came out in globs! Something did not seem right, so I pulled up the VOA numbers on the PQIA website for PP 5w30 and compared them the Project Farms (PF) VOA numbers. It does not appear to be the same oil. The numbers are not even close. Look at the Boron, Magnesium, Moly and TBN. Way off. I'm just wondering what happened.

Oil 5w30 VOAViscosity 100°CViscosity 40°CCalciumMagnesiumSodiumPhosphorusZincMolybdenumBoronTBN
Pennzoil Platinum PF
9.82​
58.6​
894​
378​
1​
541​
618​
47​
6​
5.2​
Pennzoil Platinum PQIA
9.9​
57.1​
1,006​
674​
4​
627​
715​
80​
263​
8.4​

Oil batches change regularly. Oil label changes often enough. Formulas/recipes change often enough.

Could care less about projectfarm. Just added some GTL and older VHVI Pennzoil to the ol' lady's car. The 0w40's were labelled SRT(pre and post GTL) and Euro. I bet each one would look differently coming out of a freezer too and I don't care.

Moisture.... could affect results too, depending how long a bottle sits out in humid weather or dusty shelf.

It comes out bad because PF uses poor methodology.

It was a joke when Chevy Chase said that he measured himself against other golfers by height, but that is exactly what is happening here.

Irrelevant “tests“ that, may, or may not, have anything to do with real world performance.

PF is entertainment, not real world testing.

I'm not debating PF's methodology. It seems to me he bought what he thought was PP but got something else in a PP bottle. Like he got scammed.

The fact that you find a descrapancy in his data vs yours isn't surprising. At least not to those of us who realize his "tests" are a joke.

Why don't you reach out to him and inquire?

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back