What type of hose to use for pcv system.

On the 1.4t Sonic the brittle hose pcv that goes from the intake to the turbo broke. I was going to just make my own hose. What would be the best material to use fuel hose? Hydraulic hose? Or something else? I was going to remove the quick connect ends from the original hose and clamp new hose to the existing ends. I believe this would work but what would be the most resistant to being collapsed by vacuum and would be oil resistant?

Generic black rubber hose should work fine, like the hydraulic hose you want to use. They sell it by the foot. It's just oil and air going in it, no problem at all.

I'm very familiar & even own a Cruze with a LUV 1.4T.....The ends are not made to have rubber hose clamped onto them & you WILL need oil resistant hose. The ends get brittle as well, So why not renew the whole assembly??
The original assembly lasts 60-100K miles & comes with a Wastegate Solenoid Vacuum Line & ends which also get brittle & break.

What does a new one cost? $40. I think you're looking for a solution to a problem that's not really there with such cheap OE replacement parts.

I'm very familiar & even own a Cruze with a LUV 1.4T.....The ends are not made to have rubber hose clamped onto them & you WILL need oil resistant hose. The ends get brittle as well, So why not renew the whole assembly??
The original assembly lasts 60-100K miles & comes with a Wastegate Solenoid Vacuum Line & ends which also get brittle & break.

What does a new one cost? $40. I think you're looking for a solution to a problem that's not really there with such cheap OE replacement parts.
If your familiar with the platform your well aware that it’s a poor design. Also have you taken the ends off and seen them? They don’t typically get brittle it’s the cheap Corrugated hose that fails. The stock ends have a ribbed end and work perfectly with a hose. they have the same ends as an elbow or a fitting would in a heater hose ect. So yeah it’s actually exactly what is used typically with rubber hoses. Cruze kits actually makes a kit that replaces the cheap oem hose and bypasses the integrated intake manifold pcv valve with…… you guessed it rubber hose using the original hose ends and clamps….
I ended up removing the intake cleaning it porting it and bypassing the stupid integrated pcv valve and redoing that line all for $30 I essentially did the cruze fix kit from Cruze kits I just made my own kit instead of buying there’s since it was pretty simple and straight forward. Now I know it’ll last and never have either problem again. That line and the integrated pcv valve are the most common things to fail on the car. I actually ended up getting my hands on some very nice hydraulic hose which did work very well. After fixing these issues and porting the intake it definitely had a noticeable power difference. I am happy with the repair. I didn’t mess with the waste gate line because surprisingly it was in good shape still so I left it be. I do plan on replacing that in the future though for now I’ll keep an eye on it from time to time.

$75 for a few hoses, clamps and fittings vs. $40 for the direct replacement? What's the year and miles? Don't they have a 8/80 emissions component warranty to cover this?
The fix is for life and it replaces the internal pcv valve in the intake. GMs fix for this is replace the manifold and it’ll just fail again. I do agree it’s pricey but so is a new intake.

$75 for a few hoses, clamps and fittings vs. $40 for the direct replacement? What's the year and miles? Don't they have a 8/80 emissions component warranty to cover this?
$75 for a few hoses, clamps, fittings AND PROFIT for a pre-assembled kit

DIY and you can cut out that middle man.

Yes, I'm sure you picked up 300HP, lol :ROFLMAO:
So guys have said porting the intake netted them 10-15hp. That seems wishful but it definitely holds boost longer and has more power but it should. With the pcv being gone and the hose having a hole in it before it was leaking boost. So fixing a boost leak should definitely make a difference.

So guys have said porting the intake netted them 10-15hp. That seems wishful but it definitely holds boost longer and has more power but it should. With the pcv being gone and the hose having a hole in it before it was leaking boost. So fixing a boost leak should definitely make a difference.
Yes, fixing a boost leak should help.

Back