what tools should i buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you've got the Snap On discount buy everything you can afford from them that you really want. I've still got their student discount for a few months and my local rep will discount just about anything in the Snap On catalog, not just sets or items listed on the Student page of their website.

For ratcheting wrenches watch the Sears flyers and buy the GearWrench sets when they go on sale for 50% off (happens quite frequently). I've found them to be just as good as Snap On's at a fraction of the cost. Always good to have a second set of wrenches as well, you can catch the Craftsmen 11pc sets on sale for $15 sometimes. Great for a backup set. I've got both Snap On and Craftsman wrenches. I definitely go for the Snap On's first.

I've bought ~$2500 worth of Snap On stuff so far and the annual tool show at our Tech school is coming up in a couple of weeks and even greater discounts are given then. Definitely going to be stocking up on stuff that I want for home and work use.

For air tools, Ingersoll Rand gives a student discount, go to their website and find your nearest rep. I LOVE IR air tools, NEVER had a problem with their 2135TiMax series stuff. We also use a few of their 1" drive impacts at work and have no issues with them...they definitely take a bunch of abuse.

For pneumatic drills and rivet guns...Sioux is about the best you can get. Made in NC and are of great quality...Talk to your Snap On rep about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back