What To Use For Electrical Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I've got a 2005 Honda Rancher ATV that I've owned since new, has about 3,200 miles. It's been very well used you can say. Last year I was doing some riding through some streams (I know, shocked me too that there was running water in AZ) and got it real wet, although the water wasn't super deep, maybe 8 inches deep? About a month later when I used the quad next the display that tells you your speed, time, odometer, engine hours, and gear wasn't working. I checked the fuses and it had a blown fuse for the display but even after putting a new one in it still doesn't work.

Now, there's lots of electrical connectors on this thing, maybe 10-12 at least. How should I go about cleaning them up and putting grease in there? My idea was to unplug each electrical connector and wash it out with WD-40 and use some Permatex Dielectric Grease in there. What do you guys think?

NO !! Use Dow Corning DC111 !!

j/k .... DC4 will work fine.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Lots of choices. I like and use Motorcraft #XG12 ELECTRICAL GREASE.

thumbsup2.gif
My go-to as well.

I used Motorcraft XG3 for dielectric grease most of the time, never had an issue. Experimenting with Fluid Film on my foglight connectors right now (very severe environment, right in the splash well for the front tires), but they are a sealed connector so it should perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back