Dealer service rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Used cars are generally sold "as is" eveywhere and nobody owes you anything on a used car you've accepted delivery of. Period.
Except they SAID they would fix all those things. Did they HAVE, to? No, but they offered and they should have made good.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Anyone making the claim that the OP is a PITA customer is north of the mason=dixon. If you sell me a car around here and claim that "everything works" and "everything doesn't" then you owe me a fix. Period. Have fun dealing with yankee dealers.

I agree with Barkley. Even though something is sold "as is" there's a liability on the seller that said merchandise is in as advertised condition. That provision keeps customers from getting scammed.

I would continue to do business with the place. Seems like the "techs" are the imcompetant problematic ones and sure sounds like the left hand doesnt talk to the right.. then again, most dealers (and workplaces) have that issue.

Sounded frustrating nonetheless.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Used cars are generally sold "as is" eveywhere and nobody owes you anything on a used car you've accepted delivery of. Period.
Except they SAID they would fix all those things. Did they HAVE, to? No, but they offered and they should have made good.

EXACTLY!

But I do love the fact that a few posters in this thread are no doubt VERY representative of the typical $tealership mentality....
LYING, CROOKED, DECEITFUL, AND INCOMPETENT.

You bought a four year old 100K car that can't have been very costly given the brand and model, that was also no doubt offered "as is".
The dealership really bent over backwards to accomodate you with a free bumper repair as well as a new rear plate lamp and a new rear wiper blade. They also agreed to fix the mirror adjustment feature, all free of charge while giving you a loaner to drive while they spent the time and money doing the repairs.
They weren't obligated to fix anything on this new-to-you CUV after the sale and delivery and they certainly weren't obligated to let you use a loaner. They did both, and you thank them by cracking on them?
You had a minor misunderstanding with the service manager and the tech over the mirror control switch and you're ranting?
I'd bet that these people are wishing that they hadn't sold the thing to you.
You seem like a real pain in the tail customer.

Firstly if this was a private sale I'll wholeheatedly agree with you however the salesman said that they would fix these items so they should,end of story.

To me it sounds like the service center was pinching pennies or passing the buck while the salesman was trying to keep a customer happy. In reality in this case had the service center used even half a collective brain they could have been done and the vehicle gone in 24 hours,and in doing so kept the customer happy and a potential returning purchaser.
Because of this absurdity the dealer may lose a potential next sale. And that's bad business. Pinching pennies to save a dollar when they could spend that dollar and get 2 more because of a returning sale.
I guess they get that term stealer ship honestly.
Sad when you think about it.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Anyone making the claim that the OP is a PITA customer is north of the mason=dixon. If you sell me a car around here and claim that "everything works" and "everything doesn't" then you owe me a fix. Period. Have fun dealing with yankee dealers.

Your post in this topic makes no sense to me, but then again, I'm North of that imaginary line you're referencing.

Oddly enough, I'm still very much North of your line, and I don't think the OP is in the wrong in any way. He was offered repairs, free of charge, and he's within his rights to request that they be performed.

Now, how long it takes to accomplish those repairs can be debated.

So, you need to explain how your statement has any actual validity, and how people who live above or below your stupid line are any better than the other side?

The Civil War ended 149 years ago.
You weren't alive back then, unless you're a vampire, or something equally as undead.
Oh, by the way, newsflash from 1865, your side of the line lost.

Stop being sore about something that occurred 149 years ago.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back