What to do? 4T65E-HD (LONG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That made for some very interesting reading there IHA! I believe that's the same tranny that plagued 2001 Volvos...among many other things!

Non-hardened teeth on 4th gear...that definitely sounds like an MBA CF! Idiots.......

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Originally Posted By: sprite1741
If you are getting the problem on a fully warmed up trans, then it is something else...Plenty of 4t65e going over 200k miles.
Thanks for the input!
frown.gif
You got me excited for a minute, until that. While I can't confirm if it has ever slipped colder, I can verify plenty of occurrences fully warmed (highway and city 35 mile commute 1-way).

Not being mean, or saying you're wrong, but... You show me an original stock 4T65E-HD hooked up to an LS4 with 200k+ and no repairs or mods other than fluid/filter changes, and I'll show you Einstein, Jesus, Kennedy, Aristotle, and Gandhi are all alive in Tahiti drinking a cold one.
cheers3.gif
I'm sure some non-LS4 applications could make it to 200k though...

(At second glance.... what's your mileage?
whistle.gif
)

Saw one go 280,000 behind a supercharged 3800 in a Park Avenue Ultra. TCC lockup failed then and was stalling the engine, so the owner disconnected the lockup and ran it another 15,000 miles. At that point, the car was scrapped because the rockers were gone and it wouldn't pass inspection. (Replacement was a Town Car.)

The owner did RI-->Florida regularly, and reported that a beige Park Avenue could pass just about any cop an 90MPH and not get a second glance!

I agree, it's a good idea to get an independent diagnosis, however it seems only tranny shops have the gear to make a diagnosis, but they mislead to sell a tranny! Where can you go? All the General repair garages I looked at don't know how to access ALL the GM data in a tranny to give a better diagnosis.

What's your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back