What oil to use in CH Compressor pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) 5HP belt driven air compressor from HomeDepot yesterday, but i'm having trouble figuring out what type of hydraulic oil to put into the air pump. The manual states that the pump requires a SAE 30 industrial grade compressor oil, or another oil which really surprised me was that they also recommended Mobil 1 10w-30 automotive full synthetic oil. Anyway at the time of purchasing the compressor I looked for compressor oil and I only found 2 types ISO 32 and ISO 68, I didn't know which to get so I bought both. But even after reading the manual I still don't know which one to use, it mentions nothing about ISO oils? which one is a SAE 30 grade oil that is safe to use in my air pump.

Thanks for your help

Tell you the truth i use Amsoil's PCK, it's a (ISO) SAE40 weight syn.,good stuff.

they also have other weights too 10w,20w,30w,40w,and 50w,so
take your pick.

So why are you afraid of their alternative recomendation of 10w30 Mobile1 Full synthetic?

Puma actaully seems to prefer the multivisc synthetic motor oil their compressors.

your compressor was made by IMC american. i have twoe of them myself call them at 800-528-5192 and ask them.

My Campbell Hausfeld manual calls for non-detergent 30 wt. oil, (another name for industrial compressor oil). It has given me 10 years trouble free service despite neglecting to change the oil per the recommended intervals.

I've used Valvoline brand N-D 30 wt. in the past, but last time I couldn't find it, so I used the NAPA N-D 30 wt. which is made by Ashland/Vavoline for NAPA.

I have a CH compressor marketed by Tractor supply Company...sounds very similar to yours.

I've used 5w30 Mobile 1 since new...its been worked to death. I'd say I've got over 500 hours of run time on it (and on that original oil change) without issue.

Speaking of that, I should change it...

The shop I worked for had a huge recip comprerror thet was really old in 1983 when I went to work for then and the only oil used in it was delo 30 oil and I changed the oil one time im the 17 years i worked for the company in fact whenever the compressors in the service vans got changed it was with delo 30wt. The compressore were changed out of the old vans when rotated out of service and put in the new vans. Use the M1 without fear I have a CH 6.5 hp that has some G.Castrol oil in it now and I am not in the least worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back