What oil to use in CH Compressor pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) 5HP belt driven air compressor from HomeDepot yesterday, but i'm having trouble figuring out what type of hydraulic oil to put into the air pump. The manual states that the pump requires a SAE 30 industrial grade compressor oil, or another oil which really surprised me was that they also recommended Mobil 1 10w-30 automotive full synthetic oil. Anyway at the time of purchasing the compressor I looked for compressor oil and I only found 2 types ISO 32 and ISO 68, I didn't know which to get so I bought both. But even after reading the manual I still don't know which one to use, it mentions nothing about ISO oils? which one is a SAE 30 grade oil that is safe to use in my air pump. And which is better for performance and longivity of the pump SAE30 oil or Mobil 1 10w-30?

Thanks for your help

I was looking at the AMSOIL products but my only problem is the manual that came with my compressor doesn't state the ISO rating for the pump. I went to the AMSOIL website and the only oil they offer is a SAE 30 grade has an ISO rating of 68 but it only comes in a 5 gallon bucket when I only need a little bottle?

I was looking at the AMSOIL products but my only problem is the manual that came with my compressor doesn't state the ISO rating for the pump. I went to the AMSOIL website and the only oil they offer in a SAE 30 grade, has an ISO rating of 68 but it only comes in a 5 gallon bucket when I only need a little bottle?

The Amsoil PC series are fine oils, as is the Schaeffer's Moly Pure. In a pinch, I would use the SuperTech compressor oil from Wally World before I put ANY brand of motor oil in my pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back