What is your OCI? (oil change interval)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally once a year, since I only put between 3,000 to 4,000 a year on my vehicles. Before I retired it was every 5,000 miles or one year, whichever came first.

For my Chevy Silverado, I aim for 15% on the OLM, which is consistently in the 7000-7500 mi ballpark.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
3-4k on my truck and jeep. UOA showed thats all I can do. .

May we see your UOA?

Every 6 months on my Altima and Tacoma while they are under warranty. Both are low mileage of less than 5K every 6 months The 03 Camry (daughter drives) gets an OC every 5k, she puts 20K a year on it.

Mines supposed to be 10k/1year. I might finally do that with Ultra in the Jag. Couldn't bring myself to do it on conventional. Not sure the recommended interval on the LS. I usually do it around 3k-5k miles which is what it sees in a year.

2004 Honda Odyssey = around 5-7k, which is usually 4-5 months. I always forget to reset the maintenance minder, otherwise I'd use that. The maintenance light/indicator seems to suggest 7k intervals. Use 5w-20, usually synthetic.

2002 Mazda Tribute 3.0 V6 = around 5k as it doesn't get driven very much. Works out to about every 6 months. Use 5w-20 or 5w-30 conventional.

1996 Nissan Maxima 3.0 V6 = around 5k, use synthetic or a syn-blend 5w-30 or 10w-30 in this one

1985 Ford F250 460 V8 = usually 3k (it also doesn't get driven much) or whenever I feel like I've mixed too many different types of oils through it as top-up. It has a leaking rear main, so I usually top-up with whatever bottle of oil in the garage that has the seal broken. I try to do a change in early summer using 15w-40 HDEO, then a change in early winter to 10w-30 HDEO. That works out to about 3k intervals.

All our vehicles are mostly highway miles.

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Mine is 10,000 because I'm too lazy to write-down the odometer, so I just change everytime the miles turnover to XX,000

Of course if the car is new, then I follow the book, so I don't void the warranty. (I also stick with the recommended grade even if it's inferior 0W-20.)

Have been doing 10K OCIs for 39 years now with M1 oils. At present I am doing 10K OCIs with the SUPERIOR M1 0-20AFE.

Caravan will be a 10,000 km OCI on PPPP 5w-20

Civic is 5000-6000 km on Mobil 1 with the oil filter being changed every second OCI. Once the Mobil 1 stash is done I'm going to extend it to one year or 10,000 km per year on the civic using PPPP 5w-30.

I go for at least 2x per year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Unless I rack up lots of miles.

15,000km or 12 months in the Mitsubishi, as per warranty requirements. Every 10,000km for the Falcon, because it's easy to remember. Can't believe the short intervals some of you are running!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back