What is wrong with us American drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by the "long trip: driving has changed".

I'm wondering what is wrong with us, American drivers. Why are we, by and large, so slow-witted and dumb?

Just look at how smart and organized are Polish drivers to get out of ambulance's way! Likely 50% of the drivers in the video are women! Americans would simply be incapable of this, even many of the BITOG males who cut open their oil filters. What gives?

Isn't this beautiful to watch? Imagine this ambulance is rushing to get to your close relative!

Go to a major metro like Boston and you'll see ambulances part heavy traffic like Moses did the red sea. I think in more rural or suburban areas people often don't encounter this as frequently as city folks and just panic and forget what to do.

Americans by in large are very good at getting out of the way of emergency vehicles. The biggest issue, imo, is the lack of lane discipline.
Not in Alabama. People here will get out of the way and stop for a hearse in a second, but completely ignore an ambulance that is all sirens and horns. It absolutely blows my mind.

How people react to emergency vehicles depends on the traffic laws of the state. In Az it's law to pull over and stop to let emergency vehicles by, both ways on non-divided highways. They're serious about it and give tickets. Back in Pa when we left in 2005 it wasn't law and people would slow a bit and move over a little. Maybe the law has changed since then.

To the OP, by all means move to Poland and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back