What is wrong with us American drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by the "long trip: driving has changed".

I'm wondering what is wrong with us, American drivers. Why are we, by and large, so slow-witted and dumb?

Just look at how smart and organized are Polish drivers to get out of ambulance's way! Likely 50% of the drivers in the video are women! Americans would simply be incapable of this, even many of the BITOG males who cut open their oil filters. What gives?

Isn't this beautiful to watch? Imagine this ambulance is rushing to get to your close relative!

Last edited:
Meh I don't know if it applies nationally. When I was in Texas I felt everyone got out of the way much quicker and organized then up here in NJ. In NJ cars are ready to jump right behind an ambulance so they can drive fast behind them.

I'm wondering what is wrong with us, American drivers. Why are we, by and large, so slow-witted and dumb?

Just look at how smart and organized are Polish drivers to get out of ambulance's way! Likely 50% of the drivers in the video are women! Americans would simply be incapable of this, even many of the BITOG males who cut open their oil filters. What gives?

This is just beautiful to watch? Imagine this ambulance is rushing to get to your close relative!
What country are you really from?

American women drivers jumping curbs in a snap to let an ambulance though? LMAO GTFO!
Americans rarely have to jump curbs to get out of the way. Our roads have shoulders.... Or, in more urban areas, a bicycle or parking lane along the side.

I'd be mostly concerned with getting a flat tire on that Polish road. There's no safe place to stop for long distances.

I ALWAYS move out of the way for any sort of emergency, law enforcement, motorists on the shoulder, etc... BUT I **** sure won't risk tire/wheel abrasion going up on a curb of any sort. I move over just enough to let things safely proceed without risking myself or my ride.

What country are you really from?

This should be an encompassing answer to your question:

PXL_20211203_175710607.jpg

That’s what happens when you build a society and associated infrastructure that REQUIRES a car to participa

That’s what happens when you build a society and associated infrastructure that REQUIRES a car to participate.
Not everyone wants to live in a NY city style enviroment. If you want to live where you dont need a car, nothing prevents people from moving to those areas.

Isn't this beautiful to watch? Imagine this ambulance is rushing to get to your close relative!

Never really been in a situation where people did not move for emergency vehicles, I know people who drive EMS and except for the elderly that don't hear the sirens, not a big problem.

Manners and immaturity. People just do whatever they want, without any consideration for any one else on the road. They just don't give a f*ck, and do dumb ****. Super dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back